a day with wayv

Kun stands upon the other six members of his unit with a tiny figure beside him.

  "Hey, guys, I'm here," Naomi says, slightly nervous at their intense stare.

  The six others say nothing and evokes both a feeling of confusion and anxiousness.

  Do they not want me hereㅡ

  "OMII!!" They all suddenly, roar enthusiastically before attacking her with a big group hug.

  She sighs in relief. "You scared me at first!"

  Kun laughs and pats her head. "It was a prank."

  Xiaojun points at Yangyang. "It was his idea!"

  "Whaaaaaattt~? Nooooo," Yangyang 'denies' and giggles sneakily when Omi shoots a glare.

  Due to the fact that both the NCT Dream and NCT 127 members have their schedules, some even having private programmes like Renjun and Chenle as a DJ, Naomi is alone.

  So, what better to do than spending time with the WayV members?

  "oMI!!!!" Lucas screams dramatically before picking the girl up to his back and she shrieks ecstatically. "hOw's yOuR anKLe?"

  She can never understand how he can make the most normal of things be so hilarious- even, his way of speaking is. But then, she concludes that it's probably because he's the Lucas.

  "It's better," she answers and cautiously hooks her arms around his neck so she won't drop and get another cast.

  "What should we today?" Kun asks.

  "Arcade!" Yangyang suggests and Xiaojun raises his hand.

  "Let's get ice-cream!!"

  Hendery replies, "Go to Mars!"

  "Stay at home," Ten chimes in and everyone turns to him who in response just shrugs. "Y'all forgot about covid or something?"

  Winwin looks at him, partly agreeing.

  Naomi looks down at her carrier, ensuring that he's not left out. "Xuxi?"

  She asks for his recomm and he raises a fist. "LET'S GET ICE-CREAM!"

  "Ice cream it is," Kun agrees and since they all dressed already, they just march out the door while chanting, "Ice cream! Ice cream!"

-

  "Ooh, playground!!" Xiaojun, Yangyang and Lucas run toward it- Winwin and Omi tailing them close behind like chicks who strayed from the mother hen.

  "Don't spill the ice cream," Kun advices as he follows.

  And there's the mother hen.

  "WheeEe!" Naomi rides down the slide and an excited Lucas stands close behind.

  "WHEEEE!" He copies her but his deeper, resonating voice booms throughout the playground despite already being muffled by the health mask.

  He lets out gleeful giggles when he reaches the ground and goes behind the line of Hendery, Yangyang and Xiaojun who are waiting to slide too.

  Meanwhile, Kun is watching them have fun before caving in to his childish side too and plays on the see-saw with Winwin.

  Ten is more focused on the pole where kids use to slide down on and twirls around it as he licks on his ice-cream.

  "Can you climb it?" Naomi suddenly, asks and Ten knocks on the metal pole.

  "This?"

  She nods.

  "Let me try," Ten says and passes her his ice-cream so he can grab on the post. 

  He struggles at first because of the slippery fabric of his pants but eventually, succeeds and reaches high- twirling around and around as he slides back down.

  "Wow!!" Omi gasps and claps as best as she can with two cones in her hands. "I want to try!"

  "Give me them," Ten says and takes the ice-creams to let Omi give his stunt a try.

  She grips on the cold, metal pole and takes a deep breath- pulling herself up strongly and laughing in excitement when she does it.

  The others rush over to see when they notice.

  "Whoo! Go, Omi! Go, Omi! Go, Omi!" They cheer and jump elatedly when she reaches the top.

  "I did it!" She exclaims and checks down to prepare for landing.

  She hooks one leg around the pole and one hand holds the pillar while the other is outstretched to make an elegant pose.

  Then, slowly, she starts spinning around and around the column as she travels down.

  The seven figures watching all turn silent at the realization of what it looks like and Yangyang is the quickest to catch on.

  He smacks Xiajun while trying to restrain the wide grin that's threatening to form but eventually, surrenders and Xiaojun understands too 

  He, Yangyang and Hendery are know busy holding in their laughter by slapping one another behind Kun while Lucas stands staring at Omi with a big smile on his face.

  "Wait a minute," Kun says with an awkward chuckle just as she's done and she raises her hands.

  "Tada! That was fun!" She chirps and Lucas claps his bug hands, gritting his teeth to suppress his guffaws and smiles widely.

  "Wow!! Omi!! Good job, good job!!"

  He shows her his palms and she jumps to high-five them when Ten suddenly, throws sheets of leaves at her.

  And that set Lucas, Hendery, Xiaojun and Yangyang off as they burst out laughing.

  Kun holds Ten's arm frantically as his mandarin flies out. "Ya! What was that??"

  Ten shrugs. "What? She did well so I gave her confettis!"

  ""cOnfEtTi!'" Xiaojun repeats and claps humourously.

  "Ahh, so that's what it is," Omi sounds and gathers the fallen leaves. "Then, you'll have them too! You were really great!"

  Ten cheers with a teasing grin at their leader and Kun panics.

  "stOp wIth tHe cOnfEtTIs!" He shouts but no one listens as they all start throwing more leaves at one another.

  Even, Winwin starts joining after lagging for a while and they run around and around in circles at their oldest.