jealous - h.rj

"Morning, Injun! Jisung!" She chirps and plops onto the spinning stool of the kitchen island, facing them. "What'd you have for breakfast?"

  "Food," Renjun bluntly replies.

  "Toast!" Jisung answers enthusiastically.

  "Cereal for me!" She pours the milk, calculating how much she can actually finish before dumping in the cereal. "Are you good?"

  Renjun looks up at her. "No, I'm not. I'm more than that, I'm GREAT."

  The two maknaes furrow their brows, questioning his sarcasm.

  "What's with you?" Jaemin asks, joining Omi's side.

  Donghyuck strides in, grinning like he's won the Olympics. "Omi and I are trending! Have you seen it?"

  Renjun scoffs. "Yeah, obviously."

  "I know, right! It's because of that live last time! Now, everyone's talking about the hug and all that," Jisung adds.

  Jaemin watches as Hyuck shows them the many posts involving the Vlive and threads of Donghyuck × Omi interactions with the hashtags, #nachan and #dongomi.

  "Woah, you're right," the girl in question gasps and Hyuck grins proudly.

  "Next time, let's make our own trending hashtag. Okay, Omi?" Jaemin requests. "It's unfair that Haechan has it and we don't."

  "Of course. I'm the only one worthy of it," Hyuck sasses and sits down for breakfast.

  Renjun finishes by then and leaves, followed by Naomi who's going to say good morning to her mini bear paw cactus.

  She slides into the living room and sees the plant sitting on the high shelf, a spot where the sunlight reaches and she smiles- nose practically sticking into it.
"Hello, pawpaw. Good morning, did you sleep well?"

  Jeno comes in just in time to witness her whispering to her plant with her big, doe eyes attentively staring at it with joy. 

  He can't help but chuckle at the adorable sight and he discreetly takes a snap for himself- making sure to keep the shutter silent. 

  "Oh, Jenmoongie!" She squeals, arms in the air before rushing to him- Jeno naturally opening his arms wide for her to jump in. "Good morning!"

  "Morning, too," Jeno responds, ruffling her hair. "Did you eat?" 

  She nods vigorously, already feeling bubbly in the morning. "You should too. Have you seen Renjun, by the way?" 

  A slam of a bedroom door make them turn. 

  "We know where he is now," Jeno chuckles and Omi leaves. 

  Knocking on the door, she carefully asks. "Injunnie, can I come in." 

  There's a brief silence before a salty, "Whatever," is heard. 

  Omi swings the door open before swinging it close again. "Wow, that's really pretty!" 

  She joins Renjun on the bed, sitting beside him as he draws and she watches- the usual routine of the two. 

  But today, it feels so tense somehow. 

  Omi nervously glances at him, pondering whether to bring it up or not. "Uh, is something wrong?" 

  Renjun lets out a long, heavy breath through his nose- in words, it means, "Yeah, there's a problem but, you're just too dumb to see or know what it is and I don't want to tell you either because I'm giving you the silent treatment so you have to go find it out yourself. 
  And if you can't then you can go rot in your hell of stupidity. Hope you have a bad day."

  Omi is just about to lay a hand on his hand when he abruptly stands and leaves the room-slamming the door behind him. 

  The girl pouts, worried and scared because she doesn't know what the problem is. Then, her eyes catch the abandoned tablet. 

  Pursing her lips, she picks it up and opens a new drawing page- writing a little message. 

  A while later, Renjun comes back, still frowning but better than before. 

  Omi already went out and he sighs, suddenly feeling bad- plopping onto his bed and picking up his tablet to distract himself. 

  But when the screen lights up, so does his eyes at the unfamiliar- background is baby blue and a message written in pastel pink is in the centre. 

  Only one person in this whole dorm would do that. 

  'injunnie, i'm sorry  (┬┬﹏┬┬) I don't know what I did but it must be really bad so the next time you see me, you can hit me with a baguette or something, i won't be mad ('• ᴗ •̥'✿) let's have ice-cream to cool down!! have a great day and i hope you won't be mad after this. 
- love, omi <3'

  A wide smile subconsciously stretches on his face and all the saltiness are replaced into sweets.

  He saves the little note before heading out the door with the smile still etched on his face and a fluttery heart.