jealous (p.js)

"Ya, have you guys seen the article?" Donghyuck strides into the kitchen.

"Good morning to you too," Renjun sarcastically says and Donghyuck deadpans at him.

"Thanks. Hope you have a bad one," Hyuck counter-attacks and Renjun chases him out the kitchen- the two of them now having a marathon in the apartment.

"What article?" Naomi asks, clueless- she's never up-to-date.

Jaemin puts down his phone between the four of them- Chenle, Jisung, Omi and himself.

A brief of silent reading later, Chenle bursts out laughing.

"Why does it look like one of those cliche dramas?" Chenle guffaws. "Where the girl always falls for the lead guy and the second male lead is always heartbroken but then, he's like, 'if she's happy, I am too.'"

Jisung frowns at the undeniable truth in his words because it honestly, does look like that. "Now, that's just sad."

"Jaemin hyung is obviously, the main character," Chenle snickers. "So, you're the second lead."

"I'm not!" Jisung whines, making the rest of them laugh.

"Don't worry, Sung. Chenle's wrong," Naomi suddenly, pats his back comfortingly.

The rest look at her and she grins.

"I'm the only lead here, everyone else are the side characters," she sassily claims and flips her hair before strutting out.

"That little princess," Jaemin chuckles under his breath while Lele continues cackling at Jisung's pouty face.

-

Jisung walks out of his room to the living room and Naomi who's watching the television turns.

"I thought you went out with the rest earlier."

He joins her on the couch. "The hyungs did and Chenle's sleeping."

"Oh, why not?" She asks looking away from her phone a bit to focus on him.

"Just cause..." He mumbles and it instantly tells her of his mood.

She puts her phone away. "Is something wrong?"

"No," he says but his pout is clear and Omi lets a soft smile surface, finding him cute.

"Really~?" She sings.

"Reallㅡ yA!" He raises his voice, taken aback when she tackles him- putting him into a headlock.

She huffs. "I know our Sungie well enough to know when he's upset."

He chokes when she starts tightening her hold and he hits her arm repeatedly in surrender. "fInE! I-I'll tEll yOu!"

Omi lets go and he turns to her.

His lips part but is still reticent before letting out a mumble, "I- Am I really the side character?"

Naomi gapes slightly as she recalls the memory from breakfast. Maybe, they were teasing him too much.

Actually, not really. He just found the picture a bit upsetting- if could, he wanted to be in Jaemin's place.

But he can't- he won't say that.

"Sorry about what we said, Jisung. I don't really have an excuse for it but, just know that I didn't mean what I said. Like, how can I be a main character in someone else's story?" Omi says, smiling softly and Jisung looks at her, puzzled.

She shrugs, finding the moment a bit sentimental and grabs his hand to doodle randomly from habit.

But her delicate touch affects Jisung more than ever as butterflies rage in his stomach.

"What I'm trying to say is, we are all main characters. We're living our own lives- our stories that will slowly unfold with more and more chapters based on our choices.
"All the pain, joy, drama, everything is a part of this story of ours and we, as the main characters will find our own ways to handle them.
"No matter what other people say or do, what really matters is you- from your voice to your actions. People can say a whole lot of bad stuff about us and we can pick whether we wanna fight back or stay quiet, whether we wanna fall or stand.
"Whatever we choose, it will affect the storyline. We are the writers, we're the plot. Without us, there'll be no story. For example, even without me, your story will still continue, you're still there. You won't need me. That's already enough proof that I'm not the main character in your story, but you are."

Jisung blinks, honestly not expecting such a deep answer but nods- feeling the genuinity from her words envelope his heart.
"Thank you, Omi-yah. Really."

She pulls him into a sudden hug. "You're welcome."

Jisung feels his heart screech from the overwhelming flutters as she wraps her arms tighter but just as he starts to reciprocate, he starts gasping for air again.

"So don't you ever think that you're not a main lead, Jisung pWaRK," she threatens, practically suffocating him and he wheezes before she lets go- the two ending up in laughter.

"Oh, look! Our favourite show is starting!" She exclaims and cuddles into Jisung, head lying on his chest with arms wrapped around his torso.

He gulps, blushing furiously when he feels her fingers intertwine with his.

He looks down at their joined hands, grinning at how tiny hers is and he starts drawing circles with the pad of his thumb- bringing a smile to the girl's face.