skincare with jeno

A bowl of cereal gets slid in front of Jeno and he looks at it before smiling at the giver.

  "Guess what," Naomi starts.

  "What?" Jeno responds as he devours the cereal.

  "It was your birthday a few days ago."

  "Yeah...?" He sounds, confused at her abrupt recollection.

  "And, I just restocked my skincare things," she adds.

  Click! A light bulb illuminates above Jeno's head- knowing where this is heading to and he restrains a smile.

  "So...?" He questions just to tease her but, the gradual upturn of her lips makes him to reveal his own smile, as well.

  "Let's do skincare-" she raises her arms to the air. "TOGETHAAAA!"

  Jeno chokes on his breakfast and Omi laughs at him.

  "So-" His sentence is disrupted by a cough and gestures at the cereal. "This was bribe?"

  Omi shakes her head. "I don't know... Maybe? Why? Do you not want to?"

  Her subtle disappointment is seen by him and he sighs at how she can think so ridiculously at times.

  "Of course, I want," Jeno assures and puts out a hand. "Alright, so what are the mask choices?"

-

  A sharp slap is heard and is followed by a loud, "Ow!"

  "Don't.eat.the cucumbers! Eat the ones in the bowl! Not the ones I put on your face!" Naomi scolds Jeno who can't help but slide the cut vegetable layers down to his mouth.
"It's disgusting!"

  "But, why? You said you cleaned my face already! The cucumbers would be clean too, right?" Jeno wittily says.

  Omi stares at him in disbelief. "I- Here! Eat these!"

  She gives a few slices to Jeno and he gladly munches on them while she arranges the leftovers under his eyes and on his T-zone.

  "Right. So we'll wait a few minutes before I give the moisturizer," Naomi says and leans beside him against the couch as she play with her phone.

  They sit in comforting silence before she sweeps away the cucumbers and gently smears the transparent gel moisturizer onto his skin.

  He jolts at its cold and wet texture before she starts rubbing soft circles on his face to spread them.

  Her stare is intense, focused on her task and he's thankful for it because he's able to take the time to gaze at her without getting noticed or making her feel weirded out.

  The thing is, he isn't Jaemin. And when Jaemin stares, it's like a normal thing. He does it on a daily basis while Jeno is more known as the more of the, 'I love you but I'm not showing it' kind of character.

  His love language is mostly aggressive hugs and random, odd noises.

  So, during times like this, is the only time he can actually admire without getting called ouㅡ

  "Am I so pretty that you can't look away?"

  Shoot.

  Jeno scoffs to rid of the nervousness of having been caught red-handed and furrows- saying nothing.

  Omi shifts her brown orbs from his porcelain skin to his eyes- seeing them now looking elsewhere.
"You know what I realized? You guys have been staring at me so much lately that it makes me feel flattered. But then, again, I'm amazing so who wouldn't."

  This perks up the lad's ears. "Wah~ You're so narcissistic, it's scary."

  She flips her ponytail and wipes her hands clean with a tissue after finishing up. "Aww, thanks. Haechan and Johnny are my role models."

  Nojam monitors as she packs up her stuff. "...How about me?"

  "How about you what?"

  "No, I mean- If Haechan and Johnny hyung are your role models, what am I to you?" 

  She carries her skincare set and stands frozen as she wonders.
"Heart?"

  Jeno frowns, puzzled. "I'm an organ to you?"

  Naomi nods with a tight-lip smile, gleeful. "For some reason, you remind me of the heart. You don't see others talking about it much but, the thought of it stopping its beats or disappearing, scares them.
  "It's the same with how I feel about you. I noticed that I don't seem to appreciate you that much but, everytime I think about us being complete strangers, it's just... horrible. I can't imagine my life without you."

  Tickles.

  His own heart tickles at what she says.

  An eyesmile forms on his pretty bare face. "I didn't know I was that important to you. It feels like a lie."

  She chuckles. "See? This is exactly, what I mean with you reminding me of a heart- an organ that people tend to forget to appreciate but dies without it. It's vital and priceless but, sometimes people forget.
  "So I just want you to know that I care and is very thankful of you- really, really. Sorry... if it doesn't look like I do."

  Jeno reminisces back the many times Omi has shown her gratitude and has the urge to attack her at her blindness of not being able to see it herself- but chooses to take the peaceful road, as always.

  "Omi-yah," he calls and she turns back to him. "Thank you."

  Now, it's the girl's turn to furrow. "For?"

  "You made me realize that all this time, I was the one that hasn't showed my appreciation towards you when you've done so much for me," he elaborates and his smile broadens- crescent eyes sparkling. "It seems like you're my heart too."

  Naomi stares at him and he stares back.

  "....Cheesy," she comments and Jeno gasps.

  "But, you said it first!"