going into a haunted house, pt.I

with; nct dream

  The group of 8 stare up at the great, tall haunted house upon them.

  "Among all the other places we could go in the amusement park, this got chosen," Naomi comments and gets an unwilling nod from Jisung.

  Renjun, who is actually, also afraid, just stays quiet beside them.

  "It's gonna be fun," Hyuck says bravely, smug.

  "No, it's not. It's a haunted house. There's gonna be a lot of ghosts inside," Jisung denies with worry plastered on his face.

  The older gives an arched brow of disbelief. "Obviously. That's the whole point."

  Omi clasps Renjun's hand. "Do you wanna go somewhere else?" She suggests and Renjun nods.

  "Why not we divide into groups? Some can go here while some go pick something else," Renjun offers.

  Jaemin shakes his head, letting out a, "nOo."

  "That's gonna be unfair, then. We should all stick so we can try all the games together," Jaemin rejects completely with a parent tone.

  Renjun, Jisung and Naomi cave in.

  "Fine, let's just go in," the girl says and rushes to the guard at the entrance.

  Flashlights are distributed and it just builds up more fear to the three, especially, when they enter the remarkably dark mansion which shows nothing but indistinct silhouettes.

  The musty smell doesn't help loosen their nerves up either.

  Jisung clings to Renjun while Naomi with Chenle.

  Creepy sound effects like the slam of doors and the squeaks of rusty springs reverberate.

  They proceed cautiously in the dark, their gopros put on their own helmets film them using the infrared mode- capturing all their reactions in the dark.

  "Careful! What if you flash it to a ghost?" Omi whispers to Donghyuck who's carelessly flashing his light around.

  He grins. "Relax. There's nothing to worry abouㅡ AH!"

  He shouts when the light abruptly flashes a killer clown's face and the clown let out a haunting screech before chasing after the group.

  They all flee, some shouting to the top of their lungs, some just frantic.

  "I'M SORRY! HE DIDN'T MEAN TOOOOOO!!" Omi shrieks apologetically as the clown starts cackling sinisterly with his axe in hand.

  They stumble into a few bloody hands and shackles but they don't stop escaping the mascot until they reach the stairs.

  The clown disappears back into the dark and the Dreamies stop to collect their breaths.

  "That was close," Hyuck pants out and Jisung glares.

  "This is your fault, hyung!" He complains and Donghyuck shrugs with a sly smirk.

  "It's part of the fun."

  They climb up the steps to the next level and their noses scrunch up at the weird, acrid smell of the floor which is more worse than the first.

  "Looks like a witch's house," Jeno comments, able to see the cauldron and peculiar bottled ingredients in the red-lit room.

  It's still dark but better than before.

  Omi moves to Jaemin to the side with lesser props and her fingers wrap around his index.

  Jae looks down and chuckles at how she's holding him, making her hand look smaller than it already is.

  Her round eyes dance around cautiously, overlooking the barrel beside her when it suddenly pops open and a witch mannequin jumps out with a shrill, banshee scream.

  Naomi's shriek goes higher than the recorded voice, hitting those Ariana notes before yeeting away and bumping into the wall of coffins with moldy skeletons.

  The skeletons drop from impact and she shouts again before scampering away towards the cell of ruined mannequins.

  She drops to the floor, wobbly legs outstretched while sobbing with her arm covering her eyes.

  Her little skit makes the others laugh, even the scared Jisung despite his being a little strained.

  "That witch is mean!" She wails with glossy eyes. "I didn't even touch her barrel!"

  Jeno crouches down and ruffles her hair. "It's okay. We're here."

  He offers a hand and she reaches out to grab it before another pair of hands slide out of the bars behind her and abruptly clamp her mouth and nose.

  Her eyes widen and she thrashes.

  The rest quickly rush to help but she bites it first, forcing the man to pull away his hands and she crawls away- crying again.

  Her chest heaves, practically breathless but she still manages to bow, forehead sticking to the cold ground. "I'M SORRY MISTER HANDS! I DIDN'T MEAN TO BITE YOU!"

  Then, goes back to wailing again, guilty and scared.

  The boys feel regretful not being able to bring their phones to take a picture and continues on with Jeno keeping her in a tight hold.