behind masks - pt.six

Naomi clenches her fists around the seatbelt- anxiety and fear never leaving her as she sits in the passenger seat.

  Her private manager is also saying nothing as he drives her back to the Dream dorm.

  "I watched your live yesterday," he suddenly, brings up. "What's with the gloomy attitude?"

  She gulps- looking out the tinted windows, voice only a bit above a whisper. "I just wasn't in the mood."

  "'Wasn't in the mood?'" He repeats in disbelief. "You're an idol. Idols aren't given the choice to follow their own wants. We follow what the fans want. You want to be liked? Then, be happy, enthusiastic, show that you like the attention."

  Omi rakes her hair back stressfully- biting her bottom lip to keep her sobs quiet. "We're humans too..."

  Heo Yoon whips his head to her, cross before facing the front with a frown. "There it is. You're at it again."

  "What?" She squeaks out, turning to him with panicked eyes.

  He clicks his tongue. "You're talking back at me."

  "But, I was only saying the truth," she defends, voice in a higher pitch- vulnerability on show.

  Heo Yoon abruptly makes a turn into a corner and stops. "That's it. I'm not having this attitude."

  She watches him with wide, frantic eyes as he searches his bag- pulling out a small bottle of orange juice.

  Normal on the outside but that's a trick to the eyes.

  She hastily reaches for the door handle when he uncaps the bottle- panicking when it's put on child lock.

  "Take it!" Yoon urges.

  Omi shakes her head. "No! I'm not taking it!"

  "Drink it, right now!" Heo Yoon forces and belligerently grabs her jaw.

  She thrashes with all her might, trying to fend him off but he manages to pour down the substance into her mouth and it travels down her throat.

  Fits of coughs escape her and he leans back on his chair- starting to drive away again.

  She pants, tired out and her eyes slowly start to flutter close.
"How can I be...happy...if all you do is feed me with all this...toxic?"

  The strain is heard from her voice as well as the hurt, the grief and the sense of defeat.

  The drug depletes her and darkness overtakes.

  By the time they arrive, he forces her to wake and since he didn't give too much of the substance to her, she manages.

  He puts her mask on her, glasses and cap to conceal her drunk-like appearance before walking into the dorm- carrying her stuff due to her inability to while ensuring she's balanced.

  She trudges into the empty dorm as soon as the manager unlocks the door and she slips- falling onto the floor.

  The other members busy with another schedule.

  He carries her into her room before shutting the door.

  "Get off of me," she groans gruffly, weak and barely awake.

  Heo Yoon easily makes her still by pinning her down by the shoulders- smiling when she starts to doze off from the drug.

  "That's it, that's my girl," he shushes before leaning close.

-

  She wakes up with a splitting headache and she flinches when her phone chimes- calming down when it's just Chenle asking what she wants for dinner.

  i'm not hungry|

  She sends the text before going to the mirror- sitting on the stool of her dressing table

  A heavy breath of relief leaves her at the sight of her fully-clothed self. After all, she was only unconscious for 5 minutes, nothing could've happened.

  She takes out a few makeup remover wipes, taking off her makeup and compares her reflection.

  Now, without the concealer, is the sight of her prominent dark circles and without the lipstick is the dry, chapped lips.

  Without all that makeup is her broken self- sickly pale and exhausted.

  As she stares, she suddenly notices a dark spot on her collarbone- red and purple mixed together.

  She lets out a soundless gasp at the sight of it and lets her fingers brush on it softly before tears pool in her eyes.

  Her hands grip onto her sleeves tightly, swallowing in all her sobs.

  Behind her mask of beauty is nothing but cracks and chains of entrapment.

  And behind her manager's humble, gentlemanly smile is nothing but a rotten man with revolting intentions.