movie night but omi's sad

(a random sad-ish and fluffy chapter
with nct 127 because i'm emotional :'))

  "Alright, alright! Let's bring in the popcorn!" Johnny shouts, calling for the rest as he sets up the film on their projector.

  Credits to Naomi who suggested for them to buy it because she said it was for 'cinematic effect.'

  But, anyways.

  The NCT 127 members start to gather at their living room, some on the couch, some sprawled on the floor while some are probably hanging on the lamps, no one's really sure.

  Jungwoo comes out the kitchen with bowls of popcorn while Jaehyun carries the other snacks.

  "What are we watching?" Taeil asks.

  Haechan turns. "Horror."

  The older's eyes widen but just lets out out an, "ohooo."

  Omi goes out last and plops herself onto the warm heated mattress on the floor. 

  Taeil takes the spot beside her and she instantly drops her head onto his arm and he grins softly.

  Unlike usual, she doesn't ask why they're watching horror or grab a pillow to hide her face when a scary scene comes on and instead, just lies down with her hollow eyes watching the TV lifelessly. 

  Clearly, she isn't very happy but everytime her name gets called, she wears a smile in fear that she'll ruin movie night. 

  "I want to get a drink," she says and wiggles her way out the blanket from the back before stepping away to the kitchen. 

  She lets out a sigh when she gets in, somewhat feeling less suffocated now that no one's around. But she's wrong. 

  "What's with the heavy sigh?" Jaehyun, who's also, in the kitchen to grab more popcorn, hears her. 

  Omi quickly turns with eyes widened in shock for a slight moment. "Oh, nothing. Just letting out some breath."

  "Mhm, clearly," Jaehyun chuckles and silence follows after as they do their own tasks- him waiting for the popcorn to cook in the microwave while she pours herself a drink. 

  "What's wrong?" Jae asks out of the blue and she gulps, knowing exactly that he would. 

  She glances at him, deciding not to lie. "I'm not feeling the vibe, y'know? Like, I don't know." 

  He nods subtly, understanding her and the glass bowl makes a small clink! when he puts it down onto the table. "Come here." 

  Naomi looks up to see him with open arms. She stares and he simply waits for her with a smile. 

  And just like that, she runs into his chest and lets him engulf her into his warm embrace. 

  He strokes her head and for a person whose love language is touch such as Naomi, it works like magic. 

  "Feeling better?" Jaehyun queries, looking down on her crown and she nods. 

  "Thank you." 

  All is well and is in peaceful silent but just as she's about to let go, a shout interrupts. 

  "GUYS! OUR PRINCESS IS SADDDDDD!!" Yuta announces after eavesdropping on them with Johnny. 

  The rest of the members crowding in front of the TV whip their heads to them. 

  Naomi and Jaehyun quickly turn to them and Johnny suddenly screams, 

  "ATTACK!!!!" 

  They stampede into the kitchen like bulls before crushing both Jaehyun and Naomi into a group hug. 

  "Guys, I'm fi—"

  "IT'S OKAY! IT'S OKAY! IT'S OKAY!" They chant, cutting off the girl and continues suffocating her and Yoonoh. 

  She ends up bursting in laughter at their madness and inhales deeply to join. "IT'S OKAY! IT'S OKAY! IT'S OKAY!"

  Whoever their neighbours are, I'm sorry.