position - pt.twenty two

"Thankfully, the amount of substance consumed wasn't enough to bring up any severe internal damage but she is currently suffering from malnutrition.
  "It will also take some time to fully cleanse her blood from the drugs but, she'll be okay. She may suffer from withdrawal symptoms for a small while but rehabilitation will help," the doctor informs.

  "How long will it take?" Donghyuck asks.

  The doctor fixes his glasses. "It differs from one person to another. If their will and drive to heal is strong, it might only take a short while. Some take longer."

  "Can we visit her?" Jaemin requests.

  The doctor nods. "Yes, you may. The others have too."

  NCT 127 had their visit earlier since they didn't want the hospital and ward to get too crowded so now they're waiting in their van.

  The Dreamies made sure to use their sanitisers before coming into the private ward.

  Naomi lays lifelessly on the bed, pale, thin and undoubtedly broken. The cuts on her arm are covered with fresh bandages but some that are already healed are left seen.

  The faint, brownish scars are make the Dreamies feel more guilty than ever. How could they not have noticed?

  The manager's phone suddenly rings and he leaves to take the call.

  "Omi... was going through a lot and yet, we didn't know," Jisung sobs, rubbing his eyes but more and more tears fall. "We didn't help. We didn't help her and nowㅡ"

  He sniffs, cutting himself off and Jaemin pulls him into a hug- all now feeling an urge to cry after seeing their male maknae burst in tears.

  Renjun slips his hand under hers, holding it gently as tears well up.

  Donghyuck stares at the purple-red marks on her skin and feels pain in his neck from the strain as he swallows his tears. He saw them first and yet, he didn't say anything.

  If he did then, things would've been different, right? Omi wouldn't have to get hurt.

  "It's not your fault," she suddenly, croaks out and the members look at her half-lidded eyes.

  Her chest heaves heavily and her eyelids are weighted with drowsiness. "I had the choice to say something but I chose not to."

  Renjun's grip on her hand tightens slightly and his lips quiver but he looks away, not wanting to cry in front of her when he's supposed to be strong for her.

  "But, why? Why wouldn't you say?" Jaemin queries, patting the back of a sniffing, red-nosed and cheeks Jisung.

  She looks down at first, ashamed when Donghyuck suddenly brushes her hair away from her eyes.

  The soft touch of warmth instantly spreads around her cold figure and that's when she loses it.

  The faucet is turned and she covers her eyes with her arm, finally breaking down in front of them.

  "I-I didn't want to l-leave. I w-wanted to st-stay with all of you s-so I didn't s-say anything," she wails out- pillow getting wet with her products of sorrow. "I-I thought I c-could handle it but, I-I was stupid. I was so, so stupid!"

  Her agonizing shout breaks the members heart and Jeno embraces her- rubbing her back gently.
"No, Omi, stop saying that. You are not stupid. You are a lot of great things but, stupid isn't one of them."

  She bawls her eyes out and Donghyuck joins in the hug, then Renjun, Chenle, Jaemin and Jisung.

  All are now embracing one another and the whole room is filled with warmth, love and affection- the unbreakable bond made between them clear to anyone who sees.

  A knock on the door makes them let go and a nurse comes in for her check-up.

  "Get well soon, okay? Remember, we're here for you," Renjun comforts, joining their foreheads briefly as a forehead kiss before leaving the room with the members.

  "Was she still asleep?" Their manager asks- just finished with his call. 

  "No. She woke up," Chenle states and the man nods- an unreadable countenance put on yet, a hint of stress is present.

  "Is something wrong?" Renjun queries.

  Their manager ponders before sighing- giving in. "Sir Lee Sooman called. We need to have a discussion about Omi's position in the group."

  The announcement freezes the members. "What?"