a day with moominjun pt.01

A few rustles and shushes can be heard in the dark bedroom before a few hushed voice starts to count,
"1..2..3! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, Injunnie~"

  Haechan being the most dramatic with pushing and pulling the tone and shattering ears with his high notes.

  Renjun jolts and shifts around to look at them- sleepy eyes squinting to see the other six who are singing happily with Jaemin holding the birthday cake in the centre.

  "Happy birthday to you! WHOO!!" They cheer loudly and the birthday boy groans in irritation- covering his ears with a pillow.

  Donghyuck aggressively shakes him. "Wake up! You have to blow the candles!"

  "I don't want to!" Renjun muffles into the soft pillow and abruptly lets out a grunt when Haechan resorts to crushing him.

  "Wake up, Injunnie~" he starts cooing to annoy and eventually, force him awake. "It's your special day!"

  "Don't contribute to global warming!" Jeno jokes about the still lit candles and Omi nods.

  "This is practically open burning! You have to blow them out!" She adds and Renjun thrashes as he sits up.

  Chenle's shrieking cackles act as the background music.

  "Then why would you even do it??" He yells frustrated and angrily blows the candles- making the others lean back.

  Jaemin slaps the air here and there. "gErmS! ThE gErMs!"

  Renjun glowers, clearly unamused and kicks Haechan off the bed to which he responds with dramatically rolling to the opposite end of the wall.

  Fortunately, for the main character of the day, the rest, excluding the healing Jisung and Naomi, have to leave for another surprise they prepared and peace envelopes him once again.

  But everytime he shuts his eyes, he can still hear the horrific birthday song sung by the members echoing in his ears- especially, Donghyuck's tearing, high-pitched screeches.

  So, Renjun surrenders- reminding himself to catapult Haechan out the window later on.

  He groggily trudges out the door, still drowsy when a bright voice greets,
"Morning, Injun!"

  Omi approaches him slowly, cautious with her ankle and smiles. "Breakfast? Together?"

  The mention of 'together' automatically pushes his head down to a nod and the girl giddily brings him to the dining table where a fresh, heartfelt meal have been laid out.

  Renjun gazes at it, feeling the affection and warmth melt his bitter morning mood away.

  Bur before she passes the chopsticks, she quickly delivers a confession. "Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't make most of these food. I made the rolled eggs and seaweed soup but the rest are just bought from stores which I think you'd like."

  The other lets out light laughter at her honesty and nods. "It's fine."

  They start enjoying the meal together, chatting about various topics and being completely leisure with one another.

  "Say, ahh~"

  Renjun suddenly, hears and he lifts his head to an egg roll in front of him. He grins and opens his mouth to chomp on the roll.

  Its soft texture melts in his mouth and the sweetness spreads beautifully.

  "Wow! It's really good!" He gasps with widened eyes and Omi's lips stretch to a proud smile.

  It turns cheeky after she exclaims her, "thanks," and she flips her ponytail dramatically with a scoff. "As we all know, Chef Omi's food is always the best."

  Injun laughs at her exaggerated, boastful tone. "You really-"

  He's cut by his own chuckles and he looks at her again whose brown, sparkling orbs stare at him anticipatingly.

  His heart jumps at her attention and he leans forward- outstretching his hand to gently fix her unruly bangs. "Are adorable."

  For some reason, it felt different- like there's something more he wants to say but he doesn't.

  Despite already finished with her hair, he remains in his position- faces only a few centimetres apart with his being higher, tender eyes boring into hers dotingly and hearts slow yet, drumming loudly.

  Both can feel it, it's obvious. But both conceal it.

  "Am I so cute that you can't look away?" She jests.

  He barfs and retreats.

  Naomi giggles and starts collecting the dirty dishes and utensils. "I'll clean up alone since it's your birthday. So go ahead and relax."

  "Yeah, yeah. Thank you~" he sings as she leaves.

  Silence engulfs but not for him as his passionate heartbeat roars in his ears.

  He rests his palm on his heated chest and his lips part.
Do I...

  He doesn't continue his thought and shakes his head- proceeding to help her anyways due to being considerate of her leg.