Second Year // Chapter 1

Exchanging letters with the boys was literally one of the only high points of my summer. Even with all my sibling's homes not many of us were able to play around. Bill and Charlie only stayed for two weeks, and Mum and Dad left Percy in charge for another two while they went to go visit Aunt Muriel.

Now it was now late July still no word from Hogwarts. Ginny had been going batty each day when the post would come, running over hoping for her letter. Alas, each time it was only a pile of letters for Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and me. Ron had gotten almost as bad as Ginny, jumping up and running over grabbing his pile, and throwing them all over. Harry had yet to write back to him all Summer. 

I kept telling Ron that it was nothing, but it didn't stop Ron from writing him all the time and begging for a response. 

***

"Psst, Lori! Ri Ri! Wake up!" I groaned as I felt a pair of hands shake me awake. I open my eyes a little bit and let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Why in the bloody hell are you waking me up when it's still dark out, Freddie?"

"George, Ron, and I are sneaking out to go rescue Harry. We've come to reckon they've locked him up or worse," he replied pulling my covers off. "You care for Harry as much as Ron, so we are wanting you to come."

"You sure it's not just because I know my way around the country?" I laughed out quietly trying my hardest not to wake up Ginny.

"Just shut it, and get dressed. We'll wait downstairs for you." He patted my shoulder and walked out of my room. I changed into my orange outfit and snuck over to Ginny's bed to check on her. Once I assured myself she was sound asleep I kissed her forehead and walked out of the room and shut the door tight. 

"Finally! Only took you what an hour?" Ron whined. I slapped his shoulder.

"Quit it! I could've taken longer but I didn't feel like messing with my hair." I snapped as we walked out of the front door. "How exactly are we going to get to Harry's?" I asked.

"The car of course!" Fred and George chorused out together. I stopped and looked at them.

"You're not serious, are you? If Mum catches us we're deader than dead." I spoke as George opened the car. 

"Mum isn't gonna catch us, Lori, she's fast asleep!" George said getting into the car. "Now get in!" I sighed and got into the car.

"Alright, but please, DRIVE CAREFULLY!" I said buckling my seatbelt. 

"We will!" 

"Wait! We don't have enough gas to drive!" I said looking at the fuel gauge. 

"We aren't driving, Ri Ri." Fred smiled at me. My eyes went wide as I knew what they meant. 

"Fred! George! Mum and Dad will KILL US!" I said as George started the car and put it into the flying gear. "Unless you kill us first!"

"Quit being such a baby, Lori!" Ron groaned. "How else are we going to save Harry?"

I sighed knowing he was right as we flew off into the night. As we flew we sang along to some Elton John and Queen on the radio. Let me tell you, Fred and George are SO GOOD at natural Harmonies! After about thirty minutes we finally got to Privet Drive. 

"How is the world are we going to find his house?" George started.

"We can't even see the numbers!" Fred added.

"We have two options, land and drive up and down the street looking for Number 4, or we take a chance and fly over to that window with Prison bars on it," I said pointing out my window.