Sixth Year // Chapter 19

*A week later*

"C'mon, Dean," Neville said as we sat in their dorm on a rainy afternoon. "You know what you need to do." Dean, if none of you could guess, had broken up with Ginny and was in his type of funk.

"Do what? Walk up to him and say 'Yo, Sha-Boom sorry I ignored my feelings for you for like the past five years. Wanna start dating?' Yeah, like that would go over well." Dean spoke sarcastically as he doodled in his journal I got him for Christmas. 

"You never know, Thomas. He could be longing to be with you just as much as you want to be with him." I said as I wrote the final word of my Charms essay. 

"I don't want to make a fool of myself," Dean said slamming his journal shut and pulling his legs up into his chest. "The last thing I need is to lose my best friend when we are about to go into a bloody fucking war." I could tell he was struggling to keep himself together and got up beside him and held him tightly. 

"I know it can be terrifying to have feelings for your best friend, but like ... Deanie ... if you never confront these feelings and keep them bottled up you will never and I mean never have a moment where part of you doesn't ponder on what your life could be." 

"What if I missed my chance?" Dean said, his voice cracking. I sighed and pulled him into a hug. 

"You could never miss your chance with him, he is head over heels in love with you it makes the love that Neville and I have seem like we are toddlers. Okay, so what are you going to do the second Seamus walks through that door after he gets back from his detention with Snape?"

"Cheer him for surviving a Snape detention?" I smacked him on the back of the head and went back to the floor in front of Neville's bed. Just as I sat down on the floor next to Neville the door opened to the room and in walked Seamus. There was a whole awkward moment as Dean and Seamus just made eye contact. 

"H-how was detention?" Dean asked, scooting over on the window seat so if Seamus wanted to he could sit beside him. Seamus practically ran over to the window and sat down beside Dean. They exchanged a few stupid words back and forth before the room fell into another bout of utter silence before I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Alright!" I said walking over and pulling them both up to their feet. "Dean, do you or do you not like Seamus as more than a friend?" I asked looking at Dean. Now I know by doing this I was kind of pushing them to something they may not have been ready for but like ... it was needed!

"I-I-I do," Dean muttered starting to stare down at his feet. 

"And do you, Seamus, see Dean as more than a friend?"

"I do ... I think I always have ..." Seamus muttered, causing Dean to stop avoiding eye contact and full-on stare into his eyes. Dean's brown eyes were locked in a match with Seamus's blue-green ones before they both just smashed together in a long, long-awaited snog session.

"Finally!" Neville sighed as he leaned his back against his bed. "You know, I was starting to wonder who was more stubborn, us or them, when it came to admitting love." 

We all shared a laugh while for the rest of the night, we spent it in their dorm just joking and dreaming of the futures our lives held for us. Eventually, Harry and Ron entered the dorm, so the time of my being in their dorm was over for the night. I pecked Neville on the cheek, hugged Seamus and Dean before leaving their dorm, and walked over to my dorm to find Hermione standing outside smirking.