Fourth Year // Chapter 4

"Nevy!" I shouted as I spotted him on the platform. At first, he couldn't tell where the shout came from so he twirled around for a moment before seeing me. His eyes lit up and he grew that Longbottom smile we all loved as he pushed past the students in his way. I sped up and jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. 

"LORI!" He burrowed his head in the crook of my neck as we hugged. Which must have looked bloody idiotic seeing as Neville was already almost six feet tall and I was just about five and six inches. We stood and hugged for a good three minutes until he pulled back.

"I got so nervous when you didn't answer my letters after the World Cup! I thought you got hurt!" He said as we began to walk off towards the train. 

"Well, I did get lost from the group. Which caused me to gash my cheek again." I said. He turned and looked at me examining my cheek. "There is no new scar, Nevile. Don't worry."

"You have a scar at all?" He smiled at me. I smirked, knowing he was just saying that. 

"Cute Nevy. Real cute." We started to get on the train and walking to our normal car when I stopped remembering a promise I made. "Merlin."

"What's wrong?" Neville asked as he looked back.

"I promised Ced I'd ride with him and his friends to Hogwarts." I looked down at the floor and prepared for Neville to be angry, seeing as we had been riding to Hogwarts together since our second year officially. 

"Alright..."

"That's it? 'Alright?"

"Yeah. It makes sense. He is your ... boyfriend ... and you do love him so, it makes sense." Neville said as he walked over and gave me a hug. "Just promise us the ride back home, okay?"

"Of course," I said. I noticed Dean and Seamus were walking up behind Neville and I quickly waved at them before turning to find Cedric standing a few feet away. 

"You almost forgot didn't you?"He joked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Maybe," I responded as he laid a kiss on my cheek. We walked to his car with his buddies and began the long trek to Hogwarts.

~*Neville's POV*~

I watched as Lori held Diggory's hand. She truly enjoyed spending time with him, and he was really good to her. However, it didn't change the fact I still had feelings for her. I probably always will. 

"Are you ever gonna tell her mate?" Seamus said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. You've only been crushing on her since our first year." Dean added as he came on the other side of me. "By keeping these feelings hidden, your only hurting yourself."

"What am I supposed to do, then?!" I spat. "Walk up to her and tell her I'm head over heels for her? Ruin a friendship? Possibly ruin a happy relationship?" I sighed as I watched her disappear with Cedric. 

"Nev we-" Seamus started.

"It's okay, Seamus," I said cutting him off. "Let's just go sit, and get ready for Hogwarts." 

~*Lori's POV*~

The train ride was a long one, and extremely boring compared to my previous years. All Cedric and his buddies talked about were Quidditch. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Quidditch but at least I don't scream about my favorite teams. Honestly, it was like I was surrounded by twenty boys when it was really only five!

Luckily I was able to get away from their loud voices once we got to the station. I scanned the crowd getting off the train and saw Dean on Seamus's shoulders. I rolled my eyes as I sprinted over to them.