After War // Chapter Two

The Weasleys decided to apparate home instead of walking so everyone could get food and rest quicker. Once again, Lori and Percy set up the table outside while the others put lights up on the tents now over the tables so they could see the food.

"You don't have to hide your emotions, Rinda," Percy said placing the last plate on the table. "You deserve time to grieve."

"Well, it is hard to do that when I must take care of all of you. If I am not helping Mum clean, I am trying to shove food down your throat, or trying to keep this family together." Lori said placing the silverware beside each plate. "Let's face it, I'm the strong one."

"Lori," Percy grabbed her hand, "You do not have to do this alone; you don't have to be the one to carry all of us on your shoulders."

"You don't understand, Percy!" Lorrinda shouted, slamming the last fork and knife onto the table. Her ginger hair billowed in the sudden wind, making her look like a lion as she stared him down. "All of you guys have been grieving so differently if I had taken that time to grieve then this house would be a complete disaster and ... well ... I don't even want to think about what could have happened."

"But Lorrinda, that is not your responsibility! You are still only a child!"

"Yeah, a child who had to fight in a battle that killed not only my older brother but a few friends and people I valued dearly!" Lori's voice faltered as she stood up and started pacing back and forth. "My childhood ended the day I was able to save Sirius from Bellatrix's killing curse, and I haven't looked back since!"

"Lori you -"

"Enough Percy!" Lori cut him off, causing all the Weasleys to stop what they were doing and watch the two. Lori just put on a smile and drug him off towards the Quidditch shed. Once they were in Lori shut the door and locked it. "All I have known since I was sixteen is pressure, the pressure that will not stop until it pops, and right now ... I am so close to popping but then I just realize I cannot because I am fairly sure I am worthless if I cannot protect everyone else in this family!"

Percy suddenly grabbed Lorrinda's shoulders and held her, staring into her blue eyes. That was when he noticed, that her normally bright blue eyes were now dull and almost losing their colour. His heart broke cause at that moment he truly realized how much of his baby sister had been destroyed by the war and everything. He also realized that he had not been there nearly enough for her, when he left betraying his family, he did not even really keep track of his sister. Granted Molly still sent him updates even though Percy never really read them, only skimmed them, but he was staring at a complete stranger. Also, not only was he struggling with survivor's guilt, but she was as well.

"Rinda, listen to me," he started pulling her into a hug. "It's okay to break! It's okay to bend and take a step back. You may be a strong witch, and you may have saved a few lives with your ability to block the killing curse, but that doesn't mean you owe this family that same protection for the rest of your life! You're still Lorrinda Maye Weasley, the funny, witty, athletic, and brave sister and daughter."

"Perce, you don't understand the shit I had to endure, the amount of pressure Mum shoved onto me before I left with Ron, Hermione, and Harry." Lori cleared her throat and mimicked her mother, "' Lorrinda, I cannot stress how it is your job to ensure Ron stays safe. It is your job to make sure when this war is over, we all come back and have a happy life as a big happy family. The future of this family is all on you!' That's why I must do all of this, I failed! We are not all here!"

"You were nowhere near Fred and me when the wall blew, Rinda. You couldn't have done anything."

"I COULD HAVE!" Lori screamed, tears starting to stream down her cheeks. "I WAS OFF WITH NEVILLE, DEAN, AND SEAMUS WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN STICKING WITH SOME SIBLINGS AND PROTECTING THEM!" Lori picked up an already broken Quaffle and chucked it at the wall. "I failed ... Mum is probably never going to forgive me ... and the worst part is now I don't think I can ever, EVER cry around her for fear she'll blow up at me."