After War ~ Chapter Four

The next week flew by quicker than anyone would have ever thought possible. Lori spent most of her time at the joke shop, Seamus was busy finishing up the needed requirements to help out at St. Mungo's occasionally, Dean was in contact with McGonagall about the Muggle Studies opening, and Neville was over at the Deamus flat each night planning his proposal to Lorrinda. 

Finally, the day of the proposal came. Neville woke up that morning with his stomach doing summersaults. Though Dean and Seamus have been helping him get confident, nothing has really changed how he feels. Neville inside was certain Lorrinda would turn him down, he was certain she would rather be with someone else than with him. Neville was certain that he was always going to be the best friend.

"Neville! I'm heading off to the Joke Shop, be back around five to head to dinner!" Lorrinda called down the hall of the Longbottom flat that the two inhabited a lot. 

"A-a-alright, see you later love!" Neville stuttered out in response hoping Lori wouldn't come down the hall and ask why his stutter had magically reappeared overnight. After he heard the front door shut and lock, Neville jumped out of bed and got dressed and apparated to the Deamus Flat. 

Knock. Knock.

"Neville? You're here early," said Dean as he opened their door so Neville could walk in. Neville walked in and immediately started pacing back and forth. "Nope. Not doing the anxiety game all bleeding day." Dean spoke sternly grabbing Neville by the shoulders.

"What if she -"

"She won't turn you down, Neville!" Dean spoke loudly. "Bloody hell, she's been obsessed with you practically since the moment you guys met on the train first year."

"I get that Dean, but what if she doesn't think it's the time?!" Neville panicked. Neville rustled out of Dean's grip and started pacing once more. "I know it's been a good decent amount of time since the Battle however I'm not quite sure if it will have been enough for her."

"Nev, mate." Dean laughed touching Neville's shoulder. "Lori would not be consistently sleeping in your flat if she didn't love you enough to spend so much of her time with you. You two are a match made in the heavens above. Is there always these quite dumb what-ifs in life ... yes. However, you and Lori have been through many ups and downs. So, I highly doubt she would say no, or not yet."

Neville started to calm down in his breathing and started focusing on the night they had planned. The clattering and banging from the kitchen meant that Seamus was already hard at work on the menu they planned for the night and that was when it hit Neville once again. 

"This is it ..." he muttered. "Dean, you still have the ring, right?"

"Of course, mate. It's on our dresser in our room."

"Good." Neville took a deep breath and stood up. "Is there anything I can do to help Seamus?"

"Cook. Half the recipes you gave him, he has only that and no actual reasoning behind them. He is less likely to embellish the dish if you were in there." Dean said ushering Neville into the kitchen. At that same time, Seamus was about to put chili pepper into a pasta dish.

"Oi! NO!" Neville shouted grabbing the pepper. "Lori hates spicy pasta!"

"Nev, this looks like is tasteless! Like cheese, pasta, butter, herbs, this is all tasteless food!"

"You're only seeing the first half of the ingredients cause you're covering the rest with your thumb." Neville moved Seamus's thumb where it had chicken, Italian seasoning, and garlic. "Now, are you going to say its tasteless now?" Seamus shook his head and grabbed the Italian seasoning.