Sixth Year // Chapter 8

*December 20th, 1996*

"Lori! Lori!" Hermione said running into our dorm. "I just made the biggest mistake of all mistakes and I don't know how to fix it." 

"Hold on, back up. What did you do?" I asked closing my copy of Witch Weekly and placing it on the bed beside me. Hermione shut the door and sighed.

"I just asked Cormac McLaggen to accompany me to Slughorn's Christmas Party tonight."

"I can't help you with that one, sorry." I picked back up my magazine and went back to reading about the newest dress made by the top fashion icons, and learning how to make my hair into a new hairdo when Hermione just grunted and ripped it out of my hand.

"Lori, I know I fucked up, but please! I don't know what to do, what to wear, or anything!" 

"Fine, I'll help you. Just know when it comes to a relationship with Ronald, you'll be on your own! Understood?" 

"Completely! Now help me!" Hermione pulled me over to her wardrobe and showed me the few dressed she had. Finally, after bickering and bickering for hours she agreed that a nice pale pink dress with pink heels fit her better than anything else could. 

Once Hermione's outfit had been decided, I went over to my closet and pulled out the dress I had picked out a few days prior it was a beautiful shade of green with a floral design along the waistline and up around the bust area as well

Once Hermione's outfit had been decided, I went over to my closet and pulled out the dress I had picked out a few days prior it was a beautiful shade of green with a floral design along the waistline and up around the bust area as well. I pulled down a pair of matching heels, and I grabbed a rose necklace Neville brought for me when I asked him to the party (I scolded him for buying it, seeing as he is already spoiling me rotten with other gifts), but he didn't care and gave it to me anyway.

 I pulled down a pair of matching heels, and I grabbed a rose necklace Neville brought for me when I asked him to the party (I scolded him for buying it, seeing as he is already spoiling me rotten with other gifts), but he didn't care and gave it ...

(A/N: I know the green's don't "match" but I couldn't find a single pair of heels that actually looked good with this dress. So just deal with the mismatch greens, or imagine they match, m'kay?)

"Neville will go gaga over you, Lori!" Hermione said as I twirled around in my dress. 

"Cormac will be all over you, dear Hermione," I replied back.