Third Year // Chapter 12

"Those weasels! They never told us about a Marauder Map!" Ron said looking over at me. I tucked some hair behind my right ear and avoided making eye contact with him. "Don't tell me YOU knew about it." He huffed.

"Welllll, Ron... I am a Weasely prankster." I said kicking a clump of ice out of my way. Ron crossed his arms and mumbled something underneath his breath, while Hermione muttered something for all of us to hear. 

"But Harry's not going to keep it, he's going to turn it over to Professor McGonagall, aren't you?" We all looked at her as if she was mad, Ron cleared his throat and replied sarcastically.

"Oh, sure, along with his invisibility cloak, his pack of exploding snap cards -"

"Oh, shut up!" Hermione spat as she cut him off. I giggled as both of them blushed for a quick moment. We continued to walk until Hermione pointed up ahead. 

"That's Madame Rosmerta, Ron fancies her." Up ahead, Rosemerta was pounding a notice onto her front door.

"I do not!" Ron spat as he glared at Hermione. I giggled.

"Oh quit trying to hide it, Ron." He just gave me the middle finger as we tuned into the conversation she was having with the Minister of Magic.

"I trust business is good?" He asked while getting down out of his sled. 

"It'd be a right sight better if the Ministry wasn't sending Dementors into my pub every other night." She approached Fudge lightly swinging her hammer towards him. 

"We have a killer on the loose." Fudge said puffing out his chest a little bit. Rosemerta scoffed and began to pound a notice to her door again

"Sirius Black? In Hogsmeade! And what would bring him here?" She exclaimed turning around. Fudge jumped back for a slip second before leaning forward speaking softly in her direction.

"Harry Potter." 

Rosemeta's eyes widened and she exclaimed in shock.

"Harry Potter?!"

Fudge quickly shushed her and looked around nervously. We all ducked behind a group of seventh-years walking into Madame Puddifoot's. Thankfully we weren't seen. I sighed and looked over to talk to Harry, but he was already under his cloak and heading towards the pub door. Hermione, Ron, and I rushed after him but got stopped at the door, by three shrunken heads.

"No underage wizards allowed in today!" Cried one.

"Go on your own way!" Shouted another.

"SHUT THE DAMN DOOR!" screamed the third one. I sneered at the three while turning out the door and heading over to a bench outside the pub. As I sat down I kicked a chunk of ice across the street. It hit a carriage rolling some students back to the castle.

"Calm your arse, Lori! I get they were rude but don't go breaking anything!" Ron said sitting down.

"They were beyond rude, Ronald! They could've spoken nicely, no screaming or shouting needed to happen!" I said kicking some snow towards the pub. "ARRGH!"

"Since when does Lori have such a short temper?" Hermione questioned as she leaned on the doorway. 

"I've always had a temper, Hermione. You've just been lucky to never see it. I can keep it in check during Quidditch, and during encounters with Malfoy and his goons, but some days... I would like to punch the living daylights out of them."

"I wouldn't be surprised. I sometimes find it difficult to refrain from some not-so-nice things." Hermione said sitting down next to Ron. I sighed and looked around and noticed Neville sitting outside of Zonko's. 

"I'm going to go talk to Nev for a few minutes. If you guys see Harry, get my attention." I turned and rushed over and sat down beside Neville.

"Hey, Lori." He said smiling as I hugged him. "I thought that you were going to be with Ron and Hermione."

"What's wrong? I can't change my mind and hang with my best friend?" He smirked but yet at the same time ... was sad. "Are you okay, Neville?"

"What? Oh, um Gran just wrote and said that I had to come home for Christmas ... I love her, but I'm not ready to face her criticism..." He lowered his head. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Well, I know for a fact that you can take whatever she says, or you aren't Neville Longbottom," I said.

"Maybe I'm not Neville..." He said. I slapped the back of his head and held his face to look into mine. For a moment I completely forgot what I was going to say, why? I got lost in his god damn eyes! I shook my head and blinked.

"You are Neville Longbottom. You will get past anything your stupid Grandmother throws your way. You will always have friends like Dean, Seamus, and myself to get you through anything and everything, and one day, you'll find the girl of your dreams and marry her." I bonked heads with him. 

I heard him mutter something under his breath, but before I could ask I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I saw something (or someone) knocking over a clump of carolers. Ron and Hermione rushed through the fallen group, while they did Ron waved for me to follow them. 

"I'm sorry, Nev. I've got to chase after Ron and Hermione." I quickly gave him a hug and rushed off. 

~*Neville's POV*~

I watched as Lori ran after Ron and Hermione. I watched as her ginger hair bounced on her shoulders. I smiled as she looked back to make sure I was okay. Once she was out of view I leaned back and banged my head on the Zonko's building. 

If only I had somehow made a move before Cedric. If only she knew how I really felt about her, if only. That's when I saw him, Cedric. He was walking out with a bunch of his buddies. I about got up and told him to back off from Lori, but then again ... she was happy with him. He was caring towards her and made her feel good about herself. 

I wasn't going to let my feelings ruin her happiness. So I got up and walked into the joke shop to find Dean and Seamus. Trying to push away my feelings for Lori. However, I knew it wouldn't last for long.