Seventh Year // Chapter 19

The night after the battle many students left home immediately, some stayed and cleaned up what they could, while others had no choice but to stay as they had no way of knowing what was waiting for them outside of Hogwarts. While a certain group of students just sat on the ruins of the marble staircase and talked about things. Lori and Ron were sitting beside each other, still, both reeling from the loss of their brother. Hermione and Harry had grown closer in their friendship over the battle and were making plans for the next few weeks since both wouldn't be returning to the Muggle world with their families. Neville was busy teaching Ginny how to make little things out of flowers and grasses that had been destroyed during the battle, so everyone was talking to someone. I glanced around as everyone was smiling, Neville and Ginny were giggling and sighed. 

"What's the matter, sis?" Ron asked patting my leg. 

"Just thinking ..."

"About?"

"About how eventually we will have to leave here, and then that chapter of our lives will be closed. Granted some of us have to return you know to actually graduate, but it won't be the same."

"Nothing will be the same anymore," Ron remarked. "But that is the joy in moving on! Not knowing what is yet to come. "

"Ron that was really inspirational," I said before smirking and wrapping my arm around his head in putting him in a headlock. "Too bad, it's wrestling time."

"Lorrinda!" Ron whined as he fought to get out of the headlock. Everyone was looking at us and laughing, making me smile to the point where I thought nothing could make us any happier. That was when Seamus and Dean came sprinting in with smiles on their faces.

"We talked to McGonagall!" shouted Seamus.

"Hogsmeade Station has survived the attack, so we can all leave on the express one last time!" Dean squealed with joy. 

"You're saying we can ride out of here on the Express one more time?" Neville said getting up with Ginny and walking down the stairs. 

"Yeah, McGonagall said that she wants all who can to leave on it so they can begin the major repairs before the next school year." Seamus explained. 

"She wants us out before we cause more damage, is what she told us," Dean said glancing slightly at Seamus. "Right after he broke another part of the Great Hall."

"In my defence, that table was already on its last leg!" Seamus defended.

"That didn't mean, flop onto it and try to be all cool, Sha-Boom."

"Alright, you two stop bickering or I'll put you both in a headlock," I said releasing my twin and walking down beside my boyfriend and taking his hand. 

"How about it Lori? Want to board the old Hogwarts Express one more time?" Neville asked squeezing it.

"Neville, as long as I can sit with you." 

Everyone in the area either laughed or rolled their eyes and we started to make the long trek to Hogsmeade. As we walked the pathway, Ron joined Hermione and Harry in a conversation while I just jumped into a conversation that my three best friends had already begun. 

"I'm going to miss Hogwarts, you know?" Dean said turning back to look at the castle. "Granted some of the students and the war made it a bleeding hell hole, but it was our hell hole."

"Same," Seamus muttered taking Dean's hand and squeezing it. 

"But no matter what, we won't stop being friends, will we?" asked Neville timidly. Of course, after surviving a bleeding war his fear of being lonely and friendless comes back to haunt us.

"Bloody hell, of course not! Neville, we are the four best friends! We've been together since the first year and we won't stop being friends cause we left school! In fact, how about we start a tradition; every September 1st, we meet up on the Platform and then spend the rest of the day in Diagon Alley to just spend time together and just ... have fun." Seamus proposed. We all nodded in agreement and joined hands as we stepped up onto the train and found ourselves a car.

The ride felt shorter than normal, though I took it up because it was the end that it would feel shorter, as I wished it would be longer so that it would never end. Once we pulled into Platform 9 3/4 Neville and Dean rushed out into the corridor of the train and whispered rapidly between each other. I came out right as Dean gave Neville a hug and sprinted off.

"Do I have to fight to have to myself?" I asked with a small laugh.

"No way! No one could ever pry me away from you my lovely little flower," said Neville as he tickled the underneath of my chin. I giggled as I took his hand and we slowly walked off onto the platform. Once we were out, I saw Dean hugging what looked like his family and who appeared to be his mother holding a guitar and passing it to him once he hugged his final sibling. Dean then seemed to rush back over to Neville and handed him the guitar.

"What do you two have planned?" I asked as Neville put the guitar over his shoulders.

"Just stand by and watch this joyous moment, flower." I rolled my eyes as I saw Dean grab Seamus and lead him almost to the middle of the platform.

"Seamus, this is the exact spot we first met all those years ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life, but did I mention." I gasped as I saw a tiny little bulge in his pocket and as Neville began strumming a small little tune. "That I love you?"

"Oh, my - " Seamus muttered covering his mouth.

"I met this boy who rocked my world like it's never been rocked, and now I'm living just for him, and I won't ever stop." Dean managed to get Seamus to stop covering his face and start twirling in a small circle. "I never thought that this would happen to a guy like me, but now look at what you've done you got me ... down on my knee." Dean got onto one knee and pulled out a small blue box from his right pocket.

"This can't be happening..." I said as tears filled my eyes.

"Seamus, it's you and me. It's you and me forever! Will you marry me? Will you be my husband?" Dean asked. I quietly screamed and started pounding Neville's shoulder anxiously waiting for Seamus to answer him.

"YES!" Seamus shouted as Dean got up and slid the ring onto Seamus's finger. The platform erupted into cheers and some happy tears while I literally screamed and ran over to my gay best friends.

"OH MY GODRIC! I better be invited to the wedding!" I said as I hugged Dean. "Let me see that ringggggg!" I said as I grabbed Seamus's hand and admired the gold ring with waves engraved on it.

"Mr Seamus Thomas ..." Seamus said smiling at his new ring. "Mr Seamus Thomas-Finnigan."

"Stick with the second one, bestie," I said tapping Seamus's shoulder. I glanced around and saw huge smiles on many faces that were once frowning. The happiness two people can bring to an entire platform means everything. 

"Lori, c'mon! We've got to go!" I heard Ron's voice shouting through the crowd. I then quickly turned frantically to find Neville before leaving. I saw him with his Grandmother and ran over, jumping onto him. 

"Oi! Don't break my back, love." He leaned down towards my ear to whisper something. "That will be my job to do to you one day." 

"Oh quit it!" I lightly shoved him away. "I came to say goodbye. I'm going back to the burrow, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to see you next, but ..." my voice trailed off as Neville cupped my chin. 

"This isn't goodbye forever, love. You'll see me eventually, I know you will." he kissed me. "Now go home and spend time with your siblings."

"Love you, Nevy."

"Love you more, Ri Ri." I smiled as he had never used that nickname before, and it really touched me. I turned and walked off to find my family and then went home. 

*End of Seventh Year*

Guys, this is the end of the seventh year but not the end of the book! The additional chapters will be taking place After the War and throughout the adult life of the characters. It will be emotionally packed and it will contain a lot of funny things. It will also contain some smut due to the fact that the characters will be older and want to have children. So, keep that in mind going forward.