Sixth Year // Chapter 12

Well, we did move back into the Burrow and it was almost the same as before. Of course, we all had some sort of issues after the fire. I of course still felt guilty, Ron felt bad for being absolutely helpless that night, Fred and George were constantly coming by after the joke shop closed for the evening making sure we were all okay, and Charlie kept saying if things got any worse, he'd be on the first Portkey to England and come home.

Neville came over when Harry and Ron moved back in and practically attacked me in a hug and scolded me for being so idiotic and careless. After he scolded me we talked up in my room for a few hours he had to go back home. The next time we saw each other was at Hogwarts the night everyone came back. So, Neville, Dean, Seamus, and I all decided to have a little friendship mending time.

"It was in the Daily Prophet that the Death Eaters came to your house for Harry," Dean said as the four of us sat in front of the fire. "Is that true?"

The article that Dean mentioned, ran on New Year's day shoving all the impending war stuff back a few pages and highlighting the worse Christmas in the Weasley house for just over a decade. The article went into detail about the fire, who all was at the Burrow in attendance, and who the Death Eaters were after. Apparently, everyone agreed to say the Death Eaters were after Harry, in lew of keeping my gift a secret, granted Harry didn't like the spotlight and the article made him the center of attention, but Harry said it was worth it keeping me safe.

"Yeah," I said, keeping the lie going. "Yeah, Lestrange, Greyback, and two other people came getting Harry out of the house. Some of us followed him out to help him but, that was it."

"You guys have rebuilt it, yeah?" Seamus asked curiously.

"Yeah, it's back to normal," I said with just a little chuckle. "I mean, it is a little bit different but not by much."

"Wow, I bet that was horrible," Dean remarked. "Seeing your childhood home burn down before your own eyes, I mean."

"Yeah, it was terrifying," I said as a shiver went down my spine, remembering the heat from the flames and the sight of the roof caving in. Neville saw and scooted closer, wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me closer to him. I felt comfortable in his grasp, as Seamus asked Dean a question.

"Why did you ask Weaslette if it was true? Why not ask your girlfriend, her sister?" Dean coughed at this sudden question, before scratching his head.

"Well, Ginny and I haven't been able to sit and have a conversation," Dean said pulling his knees up into his chest. 

"Oh?" I said looking over. "Well, go up and knock on her door right now then. I bet she's dying to see you."

"Oh, erm - I bet," Dean said with an almost sarcastic tone. "Well, I should probably go and say hi at least." Dean got up and walked slowly over to the stairs and up to the girl's dorms. Once he was out of sight, I sighed and sunk down more into Neville's lap as Seamus just took a fire poker and messed with the logs and coals in the fireplace. 

"How was your holiday, Seamus?" Neville asked.

"Oh, um, decent," he said. "I managed to floor over to Parvati's house on New Year's eve and spent the night with her."

"Ooooooooo, did you get some action?" Neville said, I quickly reached up and slapped him.

"No, erm, we did not, Longbottom," Seamus replied as he got up. "If you knew me at all you'd know I don't actually view Parvati in that way!" Seamus stormed out of the common room leaving us sitting in front of the fire. 

"Did you really have to make that comment?" I asked Neville looking up into his eyes.

"Sorry, it just slipped out," Neville said as a frown appeared on his face. "As soon as it came out of my mouth I realized what I said. I forgot that Seamus is head over heels for Dean and vice versa."