Seventh Year // Chapter 12

The next morning I woke up and sat on the edge of the windowsill facing the sea. I watched as the waves crashed against the rocks in the distance. I breathed in the ocean air as the wind blew lightly through my hair. After what felt like an eternity of sitting there, a knock came at the door and it opened slightly. 

"Lori? Are you awake?' I looked over to see Dean poking his head into the room. 

"Yeah, Dean. I'm awake." I said looking back out the window. Dean entered the room, latched the door and came over to the windowsill and sat down opposite of me. 

"Harry and them went to talk to the Goblin. They wanted you to join but, Bill and Fleur said to leave you alone. I think they are worried about how you just retreated into this room last night and didn't even eat." said Dean.

"They probably are, Dean." I sighed and continued watching the waves. "I mean ... now I can check being locked away for six to seven months off my trauma bucket list." I joked.

"Do you actually have one of those?"

"No Dean! I'm not an imbecile!" I said back kicking his feet. We sat and laughed for a few moments before the door opened and Hermione's head appeared. 

"Lori, we need to talk," she said as she waved me out of the room. I gulped and slid off the windowsill and followed her to the room she and Luna had apparently shared the night before. As I entered I saw Harry and Ron anxiously standing near the window. Once I was in, Hermione shut the door and locked it. As she did that, Ron pulled a small vial from his pocket and handed it to Hermione. Inside the vial was a strand of black hair. Hermione pulled it out and held it in the light. 

"Are you sure that is hers?" Ron asked.

"I'm positive," replied Hermione rushing over to her bag and pulling out one of the bottles that contained Polyjuice Potion. I groaned realizing what was happening. 

"We're taking off again, aren't we?" I flopped onto the bed and just held my head. I felt footsteps as they walked over to me, and a body sat down on the bed. I peeked through my fingers and saw Ron's jumper as an arm wrapped around me. 

"You don't have to come if you don't want to. Bill said we were able to stay here as long as we needed. So if you need to stay longer and heal ... you can." Ron muttered as he laid his head on my shoulder. 

"No, I don't need to heal, Ron." I lightly shoved him off and stood up. "Just give me a few minutes to pack some food for the road and we can leave." I walked out of the room and down to the kitchen of the cottage and started putting together some small things of snacks and drinks for the road. As I was getting it packed, Fleur walked into the kitchen. 

"Lori, 'ow are you 'olding up?" I looked over and saw her leaning in the doorway. 

"I'm fine, Fleur. I am one of the strongest Weasley's." I said as I tucked some hair behind my ear and placed the last sandwich in a paper bag.

"You don't 'have to keep hiding your emotions, Lorrinda. After everything you've been through, it wouldn't be looked down upon if you took a few days to process everything." 

"Fleur, I appreciate your concern and advice ... but kindly, piss off." I snapped. I grabbed my food and went running out of the kitchen and to the room from before. As soon as I entered the room, Hermione and Harry started going out the window. Ron extended his hand and we followed them out. Once we got outside, Hermione and I went off behind some bushes and she took her potion, transforming her into a copy of Bellatrix. Somehow she had managed to get an outfit of Bella's so had that to put on. 

Once she was done, we headed back out to the boys and transfigured my and Ron's appearances. Harry and the Goblin, who he went to get after we exited the house, were going to stay under his invisibility cloak. Just as we were about to apparate away, Harry looked up at the goblin on his shoulders.