Seventh Year // Chapter 13

"Accio Horcrux," Hermione spoke holding out her wand. After nothing happened, Griphook scoffed. 

"That kind of magic doesn't work in here."

"Gee, thanks for telling that to us now, you foul little -" 

"Lori!" Ron said taking my hand and cutting me off. "Let's not antagonize the one being that can get us what we want, eh?"

"I'll antagonize whoever treats our lives as bait, Ronnie," I whispered back pulling him just to the entrance to the vault. "Have you not noticed how uninformative he has been? The waterfall? The dragon? No magic works here? I mean, what if one of those things had cost us our lives?! Ron, I do not have a good feeling about this goblin, about any of this, something is going to go wrong. I know it."

"Nothing is going to go wrong, Lorrinda." Ron took my head in his hands. "Those creeps must've really messed with your head."

"Oh c'mon Ronald, you can't be serious!" 

"Lori, I'm serious. You're seeing patterns that don't exist! Do you really think the Goblin would tell us everything going in? We made a deal with him, and this is how it is going to go. Everything will be fine."

"Well forgive me if I'm not so trusting."

"I'm not going to forgive you, Lori. It's all the creeps that messed with your brain while you were imprisoned. They changed you."

"No one has changed me, Ronald. I've just become more aware of the bullshit, lies, and manipulation that we have been surrounded with."

"Yeah, whatever." Ron huffed walking in to join Hermione. I sighed and stayed on the outside watching the group as they walked through the vault. About halfway into the vault, Hermione knocked over something and it began to multiply. I heard Griphook mention something about how the Gemino curse must've been added, but I just clenched my fist and hid outside to vault. 

"I see it!" Harry shouted, I heard clattering and shouts. "We had a deal Griphook."

"The cup for the sword." I heard clattering and the sound of footsteps approaching the door. Just at the threshold, I heard Griphook chuckle. "I said I'd get you in. I didn't say anything about getting you out."

"You foul little git!" I shouted pulling my wand out of my boot. I left it at the campsite when I left, so Hermione kept it safe while I was at Malfoy Manor. I aimed it at Griphook and growled.

"Give me, the sword you little git. Or you'll wish you had." Griphook just smiled, started shaking his rattle and walked past the dragon. I rushed forward hoping to catch up, but couldn't. I turned back to help everyone but saw that they were already crawling out of the growing stack of treasures. 

"Oh, that sneaky bastard!" Ron shouted as he stood up. "Well, at least we got that one," Ron said pointing to the head Goblin. However just as he did that, the dragon got feisty and ended up frying him.

"That's poor timing," Ron muttered. 

"You think?" I shouted in response as Gringotts guards started throwing spells at us left and right. "Great now what are we going to do."

"I don't know, why are you asking us?!"

"You and Hermione are the brilliant ones, here," Harry said as a curse broke off a piece of the pillar he and Ron were hiding behind. 

"Well ... I have an idea ... but it's mad," Hermione stated. I rolled m eyes and sighed.

"When is one of our plans not mad?" Hermione agreed silently before pulling out her wand, aiming it at the chains that held the dragon in place.