Fifth Year // Chapter 27

*Neville's POV*

"LORI!!!" I screamed as the curse hit her. She fell to the ground in a lump as Bellatrix cackled with glee. Harry of course took after her, while I sprinted over to her. I knelt down beside her and started to cry. "L-Lori?" I whimpered as I stared at her. She couldn't be gone, she just couldn't. I looked at her and just shook her, begging for her to wake up. I heard the screams coming from above and realized Ginny must've seen what happened. 

"RINDAAA!" Ginny scream, I heard their father holding her back and the sound of Molly dropping to the ground. Tonks got down beside Molly and started comforting her, trying to tell her that Lori was okay. Remus was doing the same to me, he was knelt down beside me, hugging me while I just kept muttering her name over and over. 

"L-L-Lori, please wake up. Please!" Sirius had come over and started tending to her and checking for a sign of life. Sirius checked for a pulse and let out a sigh as he shook his head.

"She's ..." I didn't even let him finish before I started to sob, I looked at Lori and started stroking her long, silky, beautiful ginger hair. She was gone, my beautiful girlfriend whom I just managed to fucking get after five years of being over the top in love with her ... was gone. "... alive, Neville." Sirius finished causing me to look up at him. 

"S-she's alive?" I said looking between him and her, not believing him in the slightest. "She's alive?"

"Yeah, she alive." Sirius sat back and chuckled. 

"You're serious?!" I said, starting to cry happy tears, and smiling. 

"I am. Both actually and by my namesake," he said causing Remus to slap him on the shoulder. "However did she manage it?"

"According to Dumbledore, she's the most gifted witch he's seen in his entire life, well besides Hermione of course," Remus said with a smile.

"That she is." Sirius said still in awe, "No one has been able to protect not only themselves from the killing curse but others as well." They both continued talking and others came over to see Lori, but I didn't notice anything. I was only focused on one thing, my girlfriend is alive.

***

*Lori's POV*

I slowly opened my eyes but winced as the bright light from the sun shined in through the window. My eyes took a few moments to adjust but after they were, I was able to see that I was laying on a bed in the hospital wing of Hogwarts. I looked over to my left and saw Hermione and Ron laying on two more hospital beds, asleep. I looked to my right and saw Neville slumped over, his head resting on my hand. 

"My sweet baby," I whispered using my other hand to stroke his hair. After a few moments, Neville started to moan as he sat up and stretched. Once he realized I was awake he practically attacked me in hugs and kisses.

"Lori! Lori! Oh, Lori!" Neville cried as he kissed my cheek. Then he gave me a small smack on the head. "Don't ever scare me like that again, do you understand?"

"Nevy, I'm a Weasley ..." I said before pulling him down and snogging him, "I can't make any promises."

"I wish you could," Neville remarked as he sat back in his chair. The door to the Hospital opened and in walked Seamus, Dean, Harry, and Ginny on a pair of crutches. 

"Weaselette!!" Dean and Seamus shouted at once realizing I was awake. They sprinted over and started attacking me in hugs. I must've spent hours hearing from them how they were told everything happened and what I truly did. Once everyone had been up and around that morning, Pomfrey came in to do one final check-up before kicking us out of the hospital wing and sending us off to enjoy our last feast before we head off to Hogsmeade in the morning to head home for the summer.