Seventh Year // Chapter 14

Apparently, we must have gone to another country where it was daytime, cause by the time we got to Hogsmeade it was just about nightfall. We landed just outside of Hogsmeade and started approaching the village when alarms started going off everywhere around us. We panicked as some male voices started shouting loudly, and ran off to hide. 

We managed to sneak into an outdoor patio of sorts and hide underneath a table. We sat under that table for what felt like an eternity before we saw shuffling feet run by. Once the people had come and gone we crawled out and started getting closer to Honeydukes. Sadly as we turned down a back alley to get to the sweet shop, there was a locked gate blocking our way.

"That's just fucking great," I muttered under my breath. "What else is going to happen tonight."

"In here, Potter." A raspy voice whispered from behind us. We all looked and I about screamed. Harry rushed in after the man, so of course, we had to follow, but about halfway into this man's home, Ron whispered to me and Hermione. 

"Did you get a good look at him? For a second, I thought it was ..."

"I know," Hermione said squeezing my hand a little bit. "Dumbledore ..."

"There is no way in hell that is Dumbledore. I mean, that man is dead."

"Who knows, it could have all been a hoax," Ron mentioned as we made it to a room. As soon as we stepped in my eyes were drawn to a massive painting of a brunette girl in a periwinkle dress. I felt drawn towards it in a way, for a few seconds later I found myself right in front of it when Hermione's voice cut the silence.

"Harry, I can see you in this." I whipped my head around to look at where Hermione was looking. I saw a broken mirror with Harry's face in it. I looked over to see Harry holding a shard of glass, that would match the broken mirror perfectly. Just as Harry was about to examine it more, the man from before came storming down the stairs.

"You bloody fools, what were you thinking coming here? Have you any idea how dangerous it is?" 

"Well considering we've been on the bleeding run for about 9-10 months now, we are oblivious to the fact that we are wanted criminals to those bloody fuckers." I snapped back, not at all in the mood to scold someone who looked like Albus Dumbledore. 

"You're Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother, it's you. I've been seeing in here." Harry said distracting Aberforth from my comment, as he held up the shard of the mirror. "You're the one who sent Dobby."

"Where have you left him?" Aberforth asked as he looked out a window. I must've let a small yelp or something leave my throat as Ron and Hermione both closed ranks around me. 

"He's dead," Harry responded void of emotion.

"Sorry to hear that. I liked that elf." Aberforth responded flicking his wand over to some candles and one lighting itself instantly. 

"Who gave that to you? The mirror?" Harry asked Aberforth.

"Mundungus Fletcher, about a year ago."

"Dung had no right, it belongs to -"

"Sirius Black, I know. He has no problem with me having it. Now, ask yourself, where would you be if I did not have it?" He walked towards us with a tray of drinks and food. He also placed it down on the table and we all charged over the food. As Ron shoved two pieces of bread into his mouth, Hermione grabbed a glass of water and drank it as if she had not drank water in years. 

"Do you hear from the others at all?" I asked, fishing for information on the others we care about. "From the Order?"

"The Order's finished," Aberforth answered bitterly. "You-Know-Who's won and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves."

"Well, I guess it's good that I'm a jokester then, huh?" I responded harshly. Aberforth for a second looked annoyed I dared dispute him. However, after a few moments, he chuckled.

"You sure have spunk, kid."

"No, I'm just a teenager who is sick of fighting for a right to live every god damn day." I spat setting my glass on the table and taking a piece of bread. That seemed to strike Aberforth hard, as his expression started to soften. Suddenly that was when Harry opened up his big mouth.

"We need to get into Hogwarts, tonight. Dumbledore gave us a job to do."

"Did he now?" Aberforth replied, his expression going back to the hard stoic one he had before. "Nice job? Easy?"

"We've been hunting Horcruxes, and we think that the last one is inside the castle," Harry explained, not even registering that Aberforth did not care in the slightest. "But, we will need you to help to get in."

"That's not a job my brother's given you, it's a suicide mission. Just do yourself and your friend's a favour boy," Aberforth stated, "go home, live a little longer."

"Dumbledore trusted me to see this through."

"What makes you think you can trust him?" scoffed Aberforth. "What makes you think you can believe anything my brother told you? In all the time you knew him, did he ever mention my name? Did he ever mention hers?" Aberforth gestured to the huge painting on the far wall. 

"Why would he -?"

"Keep secrets? You tell me."

"Listen, Aberforth, I get you and your brother had your issues. I've read about them, but like you cannot expect us to hate him the way you do. Granted, I personally am glad he is dead, and I don't care what you have to say Harry so shut your bleeding mouth and let me finish," I said sending a pointed glare over to Harry. "Nothing right now matters more than us having the chance of saving the Wizarding World. Nothing matters more than getting into Hogwarts, tonight."

After that, Aberforth sighed and looked over the painting of the girl and sent her off. When Ron asked where she was going, Aberforth gave a vague answer.  It was dead silent in the room, with only the occasional sound of Ron eating when suddenly Hermione spoke up.

"That's your sister, Ariana, isn't it? She died very young didn't she?"

"Mione!" I whispered harshly.

"My brother sacrificed many things, on his journey for power ... including Ariana," Aberforth said getting up and walking over to a door opposite them. "She was devoted to him, he gave her everything, but time."

"Thank you, Mr Dumbledore, for letting us in here." Hermione stated plainly after the fact as I noticed Ariana coming back.

"She's coming back." At this, Aberforth walked over to his pitcher of water and started pouring a glass. Confused, I got up with the others and examined as she was coming back, behind her we could just barely make out the shape of someone following her. 

"Who's that with her?" asked Ron. I grabbed his arm hoping that it wasn't someone evil, however, Hermione leaned in closer and started to make out features on the person.

"Lori, is that?" Before I could see who it was, the portrait swung open like a door and revealed a person I had not seen since August, and if he wasn't still so tall and I didn't know he owned that jumper, I might not have realized who he was.

"Neville?" asked Harry.

"Look like hell I reckon," Neville remarked climbing down. "Trust me, Seamus is worse."

"N-Nevy ...?" I said meekly, my voice cracking with emotion. Neville whipped his head around, and finally, he saw me. 

"LORRINDA!" He sprinted across the room and scooped me up into his arms and we twirled around in my spot for a few moments before he spoke again. "You kept your promise. You came back."

"Was there ever any doubt?" I chuckled.

"Some," Neville said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Though I feel stupid. knowing you. You would be the one to die trying to come back."

"You're not stupid, love. You're just in love and that is normal with love." I leaned up and kissed him for a few seconds before Ron coughed. I didn't jump back but just sat back down and held Neville's hand tightly. 

"What are we all waiting for then," I said squeezing Neville's hand. "Let's got hunt this motherfucking Horcrux."