Seventh Year // Chapter 15

"Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map," Ron mentioned as walked through the passageway.

"That's because it never existed until now, the seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year, this is the only way in or out now," Neville explained. "The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors."

"How bad is Snape, now that he is Headmaster?" asked Hermione.

"Hardly ever see him anymore, it's the Carrows you need to watch out for."

"Carrows?" Harry asked in confusion.

"No ... not them," I muttered recognizing those names. Neville noticed my instant fear and pulled me close. 

"They are a brother and sister duo that are in charge of discipline and punishment." Neville gestured to his face, "This was courtesy of Alecto this morning."

"What?!" I pulled back from Neville and took his face. "Oh, that bitch ..." I said through gritted teeth. 

"Why did they do that?" asked Ron.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson, had us practising the Cruciatus Curse, on some first years, I refused. Hogwarts has changed." Neville said plainly, taking my hands away from his face. "It's okay, love. I'm fine."

"You are, but she's not when I find her," I muttered underneath my breath. As we continued on our way through the passage. As we approached the end, Neville let go of my hand and walked ahead. 

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" he announced cheekily while gesturing for us all to get behind him. As he opened the doorway and stepped out, I could see and hear their fellow Hogwarts students. After a few moments, Neville shouted out, "Hey, listen you lot! I've brought you a surprise!"

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope! It'd be a surprise if we can digest it." Seamus's voice responded loudly. I had to hold back a wave of tears as his familiar voice graced my eardrums. Neville moved off to the side, allowing us to walk out. I grabbed Ron's hand and squeezed it. 

"Are you okay, Lori?" he asked. 

"Just happy to be home, Ronnie." I sniffled out as Seamus and everyone started clapping for us. After a few moments of hugs and tears, Neville asked Harry loudly.

"What's the plan, Harry?"

"Okay, there's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle, and it may help us defeat You-Know-Who." 

"What is it?" Neville asked.

"I don't know," Harry replied bluntly. "I realize it's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on!" Seamus sassily shouted. I rolled my eyes at him but couldn't stop a small chuckle escaping my lips. 

"We believe it has something to do with Ravenclaw," Harry started off again. "Um, it'll be small, easily concealed, anyone any ideas?" Silence.

"Literally anyone?" Ron asked, "'Cept you Cormac, you keep your mouth shut." 

"There is Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem." a small familiar voice called from the middle of the students. People moved and I saw Luna standing with Dean in the middle. 

"Oh, bloody hell, here we go," muttered Ron. Both Hermione and I slapped his shoulders. After no one responded to her, she spoke again. 

"The lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous."

"Yes, but Luna, it's lost." Cho Chang commented from the front. "For centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it."

"Excuse me, can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron asked, rather curtly.