Chapter 70

Dhruv's POV

I stared at hus face and concentrated on each and every word he just said.

'Working together in a team for saving nandini.'

This never happened that wolves and vampires worked together. In four thousand decades this never ever happened. No wolves or vampires even thought to team together even if the target they wished to achieve was one and the same.

But now here, this young brainless vampire kid was suggesting us to work together.

'I don't think Dhruv, don't trust him. I don't think we should do it.' Abhi talked to me over our mind link.

However, I avoided him and continued to think at what Walton said. He was not wrong! We could work together since he and I had the same intentions. As far as doubting him for being a vampire is concerned then I don't think he would stand any chance against us.

I have often seen him work for Manik irrespective of the fact that his father, King Vladamir, treated him worse than a pet animal. He has a soft corner in his heart for Manik and if he has come here knowing that this place is too dangerous for him to come here, then I can only say, he is brave and far from lying.

'Don't think about it, alpha, I do feel it's a trap!' It was Nitin who spoke this time.

I turned my face in his direction and passed him a hard dark glare. He was stunned and froze in his spot, looked at the ground and halted his perspiration while my eyes remained on his face.

'He's barely 20 or 21...do you think a young vampire like him would dare to lie to an alpha wolf like me???' I growled at him, and Walton followed my gaze to look at Nitin.

'I'm sorry alpha but... He is... A vampire... And, we know his title. He is the prince and son of that bloody king, we still can't trust him.' Nitin replied hesitantly yet with hundred percent confident.

I looked back at Walton. His face is innocent, I don't think he is anyway tricking us. And if he says Manik is in danger and he's going to Bellvale in order to save him, then he won't lie.

"You don't have to work with me if your pavk members don't want you to. You can ask them to step aside and let me go. I can do it myself. I will save Manik and Nandini both before it is late..." He said, he must have sensed we were talking about him psychologically.

I looked at him from top to bottom and I can only see a kiddo vampire dressed in black jeans and black shirt, with fear in his eyes yet bravery on his cheeks, taking a deadly step against the king who his own father. His blinking yellow eyes conveyed he was only telling the truth.

'I can feel he's not lying here, Dhruv. Do you think the vampire king would let his youngest son out in a place like this alone, when there is a war going on in the world? And look at his fingers, they are scratched and bruised which shows he might have snuck out of the vampire castle without anyone's notice to come here. '

My wolf said.

I could fail to see through his lies but not my wolf. He can sense things better than me and when he says, Walton is honest, I don't need anyone else's help in order to make my decision.

I sighed and looked at Walton' s face. He was waiting for my answer impatiently.

"Hmm, you will be allowed to leave," His eyes sharply gazed at me while Abhi and Nitin blinked their in astonishment. "But not alone.."

"What? I don't get you?" he questioned confusingly.

"What I mean to say is... Bellvale is dangerous and you could die within no time if you dared to step in there all by yourself. Henceforth, You are coming with us and we will together save nandini." i announced.

My pack members growled in unison but my one hard glare and they shut their mouths tights, their eyes lowered and heart beats increased.

" My wolf and I think he is honest. We want to give him a chance... Give a vampire a chance. In point of fact, if he goes out there and dies, another war will begin. Vampire king will not care about the powers or dark night and erase every creature's existence, starting it from us. So better, we stick together and act together." I tried to explain them.

Walton didn't seem to have any problem with what I said. He barely understood what I even said because his eyes looked behind me at the portal that would transport us to the other world.

"And guys think it as our edge in this war... If it all the vampires try to attack our pack behind our back then we could threaten then by using him as a bait. Vladimir Vaz would not dare do anything if we have his youngest prince." my words seem to give them some sense.

I was happy they agreed and soon, along with a young and audacious vampire, we prepared to enter into Bellvale.

"To be honest, I'm happy you (an alpha) are there with me while I walk through Bellvale. I was a bit hesitant earlier, but I'm glad I found some company even if they are my enemies." I smiled on Walton's words as we walked further.

"Your Beta (Abhi) and Gamma (Nitin) don't like me... So better you stay with me or take me wherever you go, I don't want them to kill me for no reason."

"Don't worry, nothing will happen to you as long as you are good with us and not acting like typical vampires." I replied him.

We traveled through huge mountains, crossed cold streams and walked on green bushy land and eventually stopped in a desert like area that was the third last region before Bellvale came.

I stopped there and addressed everyone, "Let's rest here for a bit... The next region will be hard to cross and need more energy than what we used till now. We will start after three hours." my soldiers abided to my words and assembled their shelters on the sandy land.

While Abhi and Nitin with a seven other soldiers sat outside to guard the area, I walked inside my tent with Walton.

"The further region is going to be tough, and we certainly didn't carry animals or blood with us... How are you going to energize yourself now." though I hate his entire kind for being bloody suckers, I relished being informal with him.

He was looking around the little tent and replied which just left me with a hanging jaw, "That's expected because you didn't know you will have a vampire accompanying you along the trip. But you need not worry about me, I carried my own supplements." my wolf was amazed and impressed when he pulled out a leather bag from behind his back that was made of animal's skin, and drank from it.

"I have studied about this container in old testaments." he raised it high and showed it to me.

I shook my head and turned around to remove my shirt. Darkness has spread around and cold breeze flew in full swing, even then my body was heating badly as if I just came out of sm oven.

I felt his gaze on my broad back as I was busy wiping myself with a towel dipped in water and say, "By the way I was wondering where is my fucking elder brother Harshad.

"Ever since he ran away from rehabilitation centre with your sister, he's nowhere to be seen. Do you think they are working together just like us and waiting for the dark night!!!" He made me freeze. 

But I went back to normal because I know Harshad and Mukti are unreachable. They are hiding somewhere away from our gaze, if not then my team of soldiers i have specially appointed to catch them may have found them already.

Tbc...

Precap: Looking at Harshad and Mukti...

We'll see quick progress now and the dark night will come in the next few chapters 😈😈😈
Are you excited??? Do votes and comments. Love you guys so much. Hope you're safe and healthy!