chapter 23

No one's pov....

Nandini covered her face with her palms not wanting to see her death approach her in no time. However before the wild could reach Nandin and she could be attacked Dhruv necked the wolf throwing it against a tree.

It let out crying whispers when Dhruv showed it his dangerous eyes scaring it to the core and in the next second it ran away in the direction which it has come from.

Dhruv turned to nandini and sighed in relief and nervousness. Gosh, she was fine though she was heck scared that her body was still trembling while she looked nowhere in the totally lost in the heat of the feared moment that has just passed by her.

" Nandini are you okay? ".... Sitting down beside her he rubbed her arms trying to bring her to senses.

Nandini blinked her eyes, the tear drops formed in her eyes skipped down her cheeks. She looked at him then at Dhruv's face and, nandini hugged him tight.

Though he was the reason behind this all. If she hadn't behaved like that with her than she hadn't came here in the first place. However after seeing her death so close of her she can't help but thank him in the face of a warm hug.

Dhruv circled his arms around her shivering body. He rested his chin on her head closing his eyes with the relief that she was okay. " I'm sorry. That was my fault ".... He apologized feeling bad for her.

She looked up from the hug nodding her head in no as she spoke. " No it's not your fault dhruv. It was my fault, I should not have come here "... Nandini said in a shaky voice.

That is when a sense of fear gushed though her body and she stated in a horrified tone. " What about children? We should not stay here for long when we know a wolf is roaming around in the forest like that. We.. We should leave now only ".... Nandini said turning to go back towards the tent area to inform the guides and take out the children from here as soon as possibly.

But before she could take a step ahead Dhruv pulled her by the wrist that she bumped into his chest. They r closer proximity made her cheeks burn and the crush she had on her came rising again.

" Hey don't worry. I have already informed the officers who look after the forest. They have reached here and they are in the east part of the forest. I will call them and inform that the wolf is in the west part ".... His hand that was caging her waist gripped securely around her while she too snaked his neck.

It seemed so peaceful staying in each other's embrace. Automatically her head rest over his shoulder hearing to his rhythmic heart beats that were calling her restless nerves yo great extents.

Even for Dhruv she appeared to be soothing. Though he felt guilty for paining her like that at the mere mention of those blood sucking vampires. She can call him whatever she would like to but not a vampire. Please.

What can be more insulting when you ate compared with the people you hate and you know what kind of impressions they held on the world. Manik and his filthy community is like Voldemort and his dreadful team who knows only one thing... To pain others and snatch away their breaths when desired.

He was initially suspected nandini because her birthday was nearing which is nothing but the night which dreads them the most and fears their whole pack. Hardly only a week is left for her birthday and the dark night to arrive.

Soon she will also start showing the symptoms as the weapon which will be hunted by the vampires and other bunch of strange and wierd yet dangerous species who would want to get the most out of her body and the night.

Abhimanyu was right better he take her as his mate before the vampires come for her. Better he make her his and dissolve all her powers by giving her the crown of his omega and secure her powers for him and his pack.

Any which ways, when his eyes fell above them on the dark cloud conveying the setting rays of the sun Dhruv loosened his grip on her back making her look at him whilst raising her chin.

" Umm evening has arrived we should get to the tent before it's fully dark. It will become very difficult for us to go back then ".... Dhruv put forth his statement looking in the surrounding.

In the night the forest gets even dangerous not because the wolves can move freely without getting identified or noticed in the night but because the creatures and animals from the nature get chances to prey as well.

" Yeah let's go. I don't want to miss the born fire ".... And they walked balancing on the pebbles and the sharp stones. " BTW did I tell you about how much I liked this team of guides. They are better than the previous ones we hired ".... She added.

As an alpha what can be more amazing and proudfull to hear such things about your pack. " Yeah they are the best "

Soon they were sitting amidst the children surrounded from all the sides by the tents and born fire in the middle which was being lightened by the eldest of them tanmay uncle.

The children called him Magicman because he did some of the tricks they loved and his trick of crying like a wolf was wearing but little did they know that he was really a wolf.

Anyways, Nyonika and Alia helped distributing the food packets to the children while abhimanyu and Nitin played music on their violin and guitar which they had brought along.

Nandini can't be ever so grateful to dhruv for suggesting the principal to take children on a picnic like this which was indeed so wonderful and interesting.

Though she had gone pale when she came face to face with the wolf but after knowing it was caged by the forest team and taken to the other place keeping in mind the security of the children, she loved this place more.

" Ma'am this is so boring. Sing a song for us "... Clifford chipped cupping Nandini's cheeks whilst sitting in her lap.

On the other side nandini looked at him and dhruv and then the others who were hopefully yet curiously glancing her face to start singing the song. " Umm I can't sing. Trust me I'm the worst singer "... She said but then the loud hoots from the children and others did not let we cover herself.

" Ookaayyyy I am singing. I am singing "... Nandini said raising her hands in the air surrendering.

Dhruv showed her thumbs up while his pack lovingly gazed her as she begun.

" Well you only need the light when it's burning low...

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow...

Only know you love her when you let her go...

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low...

Only hate the road when you're missing home...

Only know you love her when you let her go..

And you let her go...  "

To be continued.....