chapter 30

The night rushed in quite rapidly than expected by Dhruv. It took no time for the sun to set and the darkness to prevail in. The winds were slow but chilling than the previous night. Slow rhythmic noise of the crickets chirps could be heard in the neighbourhood by them. The children along with the three teachers ie nandini, Dhruv and nyonika sat encircling the bonfire sticking to each other wearing their woollen clothes and winter caps. The temperature has fallen quite miserably, may be because it wants to convey the silence before the storm that was going to come in!

While towards the left side the team if guides prepared the plates of food that are to be distributed to them. "Isn't is too cold?"... Nandini announced looking at Dhruv who was lost in his thoughts. "Dhruv!"... She shook him jerking his right shoulder since she was sitting in the right of him. Dhruv glanced her face than at the children and nyonika forcing a smile. "Where are you lost Dhruv?"... She questioned him blowing aur in between her palms in order to keep her hands warm.

"Umm no no where. BTW may I know what were you talking about?"... He asked her chafing the topic.

"I said isn't it cold tonight?"... She repeated her words again, Dhruv took time to understand her words and then, "Ohh!!! Yeah, it's its too cold tonight. I wonder how did the temperature fall so suddenly!"... He fakes exclamation imitating her whilst rubbing his palms too so that to make her belive he discerned the coolness of the weather.

But in real, he could feel no the chillness of the environment. He was a wolf, and a wolf's body stays warm inspite of the worst weather conditions due to his furred body. And being an alpha, he was unlikely to feel any chill around him. However to make her seem like a normal human which he was not Dhruv imitated her to which she laughed.

"here is your dinner plate children, today we've got some non veg for you all. Fresh bacon sandwiches with grilled tuna"... Alia announced, the others came following her with the trays on which five plates were neatly placed. They distributed the whole one by one to them until Mr. Harlin, the caretaker of the first joined them.

"Ohh Mr. Harlin, welcome sir! Come and join us at the dine."... Nitin shook hands with him as the old man sat on the opposite side of the bonfire facing nandini and Dhruv. The two of them nodded their heads towards him to which he gladly bowed down removing his cowboy like brown hat.

" Children hope you enjoyed you picnic here, it was amazing experience to have a bunch of you all visit me and this forest after so long. I'd thanks the teachers in the first place who took the decision to allow these bunch of kids learn about the long lost heritage of their city "... Mr Harlin paid his gratitude to the children as well as the teachers.

Everyone including the guides thanked him for the hospitality he has shown to them and the safety measures he provided not leaving anyway to let the life of the children get in peril at all. How could not he, when he had the support of the alpha himself. "However there's something disheartening to inform you munchkins"... He proclaimed seeming all calm and eased.

"Wgat would that be Mr Harlin? Don't tell me that your forest has been taken over by the private estate people so that they can build up new commercial buildings here, you bet I am very sad about it. My condolences with ya"... Clifford the leader of the pirate's team (the class), remarked digging into his food not even caring to look up at the old man. It's just that he wanted to project his innuendo.

Mark it, Dhruv was indeed petrified with thus little guy. Often he wondered how come he gets to speak so much!

Anyways, paying no heeds to his words and letting it go with just a playful chuckle Mr. Harlin said. "Uhh no no young man. It's nothing like that. Actually, the forest is going to go under a survey where we'd look for the trees which are dying and have them removed before they infect the other ones from tomorrow afternoon, so you'll just have to leave from here by the morning. I know your picnic was for two days excluding the visit day but we can't compromise with the lives of the trees they are living beings like us, aren't they? "... A gush of annoymeny filled out there as the old man with the cowboy hat completed. The children whined cooing together whereas both nandini and nyonika passed each other a puzzled look. How come they can ask them to leave a day prior to the picnic time, they wondered.

"I know you're all very disappointed at the news so was I, little Champs but there's no way I can delay it. The forest officials had passed the decision not me, I'm certainly a caretaker who looks after this forest."... Harkin attempted to make them understand.

" Does that mean we'll have to leave home by tomorrow morning? "... One of the children asked, Mr Harlin answered him whilst nodding his head in yes.

Finding the correct chance which Dhruv was waiting for after Harlin entered into the picture he sincerely remarked with the hope to knock some senses inside of the heads of the children." Listen students, I know it's an annoying news for all of us at the short notice but there nothing we can do about it."... Yeah, exactly. "So now, plzzz I request you to finish off your meal soon as possible and get into your respective tents. We have to wrap up everything tomorrow"... Though nandini experienced no good at the news. Reason, it has only been hardly fucking few hours when he'd met Manik last night she wanted to know him more before leaving for their homes, but than also she kept mum following dhruv's words obediently for she knew there was an important work to be done already waiting in line.

Late in the night,

As the clock struck 12.00 am Nandini's phone buzzed within her pocket of her black denims, she quickly got out of her tent following the path last night which she has come from with the thought to see him.

No sooner had she walked for about a mile than, "Bhooo!!!"... Somebody came before her scaring the shit out of her. "Aahhhhhhhhh"... Nandini screamed covering her eyes.

"Hey nandini stop screaming, it's me Manik"... She upped her lashes glancing his face that was shining under the full moon light.

She has almost lost her balance going to fall down when his strong arm encircled her waist helping her stand still. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd be too much terrified. I knew you'd come to see me and I thought, I thought it would be the best way to welcome me"... Manik looked away avoiding her stiff glares thrown into his direction.

Nandini sided his arm away as she folded her hands against her chest, "you think that was a way to welcome somebody! ".. She exclaimed staring him, Manik lowered his head scratching his nape as he inaudibly chipped an apology to her making her laugh out.

"You're such a baby Manik!"... His heart which was not beating in the first place skipped at the compliment while his pupils were fixed at her innocent face. And for the first time in life Manik underwent his guilt and for a small duration he thought,

'Is it really okay to destroy her life by transforming her into weapon? Will it be correct to hand over her destiny to a demon like Harshad!'

********

A few miles away at the camping side, dhruv was struggling to fall asleep, he did not feel good at the turn of events, he was lost in his thoughts when suddenly, "Aaaahhhh"... A loud scream reached his ear drums and he knew who it was of, "Nandini" his heart chipped her name. Quickly getting out of his tent he ran in speed towards the source where it came from and ohhhhh..........

Whatever he saw, made a gush of anger and frustration run down his body and his wolf snarl out dangerously.

Precap...

Nandini is standing at a distance watching both dhruv and manik fight like long lost enemies. "Dhruv stop!!!"

"Manik no!!!!!"... She screamed seeing him throw dhruv away like an empty sack.

That was it, standing straight dhruv growled loudly as his eyes met with the shining full moon turning into a wolf whilst running to attack manik who has already developed his long fangs and flying in the air with his bat wings in his Dracula coat leaving nandini numb.

Letting Nandini to know who they are!!!

To be continued....

😈😈😈😈
Feeling intrigued at the revelation in the Precap?

And it seems interesting too. Haha, now you'd see the real enmity between the two and the game of DARK DESTINY.

Target: 100+ votes and 8 followers. 😏

Do votes and comments.