Chapter 57

Nandini's pov...

The breaths stuck in my throat. I trembled and took steps backward when manik landed on the ground with a thud. The leaves around him floated in the air giving his appearance a scary look. It was dark and I can't see his face but I can still very well notice his dark red eyes looking back at me.

The look of them only set my heart on fire. A long time... It has been a long time that I met him. After that night when he dropped me out of my apartment I never saw him anymore. Neither did I hear where he was nor did I feel his presence around me since then. Until today.

"Interesting! I like how you gasp, kitty" I wish if I can give a punch to this new guy who was commenting behind me. He was younger than me yet he had the courage to call me a kitty where in reality he himself looked more like a pup.

If it has not been an awkward moment than I had surely countered him back with a mocking reply alas, the thought of manik near me gave a different feeling. A feeling that was different and never felt. But a feeling thathas been there residing in my heart for a long time.

The new guy's laughter echoed in my ears as I fixated my eyes in my front. Manik wasn't moving at all. And that made me doubt whether he was really Manik or not? "Looks like the kitty wants to see you! Why not... It's been a long time she met you." I can't refuse to what the new guy said.

I was indeed excited to see him. He was not a normal human like me but it was not a joke that I fell for him. Don't know and how it happened but yeah, it happened. I held my heart, I curled my fingers already preparing my myself when I heard the leaved rustling before me.

He was taking a step towards me. Nevertheless, all my excitement died when I was carried on his shoulder and taken further, "What the hell is this? Place me down." I roared feeling insulted.

That was not how I supposed to meet him. It was his scent... That different cologne I inhaled the very first time I met him. It has lingered on my skin for almost a day after I had spent a night with him in the forest. It made me recognize that it was him. Regardless, the way he treated me was not acceptable at all.

"Walton, guide me through." My heart skipped beats listening his voice. It was really him but the fact that I couldn't see his face since I hung on his shoulder. "They are here." I felt his fingers encircling around my waist as the next moment the world seemed spinning when he initiated his fast run.

I couldn't see anything. First of all it was the darkest time of the night. And top if that I was hanging upside down on his shoulder that eventually it made my eyes to pain. I can't even comprehend if he was really running since he was too fast.

Luckily, within no time we were on the highway, running in the middle of it under the moon light. Thankfully it cleared my sight and finally I could see something. But that does not end here... I realised that everything around was stopped. The trees, the air the leaves... They seemed to have frozen until the realization dawned on me— it was happening because of his fast run that it made everything seem moving in slow motion.

I don't know how long has it been that he ran, my eyesballs afflicted in agony as the surrounding turned blurry. I was on the edge of passing out. "Manik I think I am going to die!" Don't know what made me chip that sentence, I anyway said it in a whispering manner.

Black dots spread around my eyes and the next thing I heard was his sentence, "You aren't dying until I want you to."

~~~~

A deep pain spread in my chest as I tried to move. There was darkness and my body was aching. I difficultly moved my fingers followed by my arm. There was someone beside me. I can also smell the sweet aroma of tasty food unfortunately, I couldn't move my body.

"She is awake, Raghav." I heard a familiar voice, it belonged to that young guy who freed me from Dhruv. "Open your eyes nandini. You are alright now!" It was after his mention I understood why was it dark. It was because my eyes were closed.

I slowly opened opened them. Letting my eye lids partially stay partially close I waited to adjust to the sudden light falling on my face. When they were perfectly opened, I got to see that new guy sitting at tye edge of a bed while I was on it, covered in the quilts.

Apart from him, there was someone else, who has just entered the room. He smiled at me for a brief moment until I looked away from him as I recalled how was I brought here. That stupid vampire! "Where is manik." I asked glaring the new guy.

I never met a guy like him. Totally I'll mannered who does not know how to behave with a girl. Not only he carried me on his shoulder but also because if him I fainted. And even after that, he had the bravery to not meet me.

Forget it, I waited for my answer. The new guy was doing everything to boost my aggression. He simply sat on the edge of my bed drinking something from a golden colored glass. It didn't take me any second to understand that he was actually sipping blood. Fear engulfed me, I immediately checked for cuts or wounds on my body if it was my blood or not.

"Don't worry kitty, we don't hunt on humans until it's extremely important." I heard him laugh.

I felt like a fool but then I can't stop wondering as whose blood could it be. "Tell me where is manik, I want to meet him!" I asked it fir the second time. And to my surprise, I did get a reply this time.

The new guy pointed at the window. Pushing aside my quilt I hurried towards the window to peep out. No sooner have I set my eyes outside of the same than my eyes were left wide in shock. "Where am I?" everything outside the window looked as tiny as an ant.

I was in a tall building looking like a witch's single tower castle with just a single room that too on the top. It was similar like the castle where Rapunzel was kept! I was still looking outside the window when I felt someone's presence behind me, "It's a place outside your world where creatures like us and others live, nandini. It's called... Bellvale." I gasped.

The new guy laughed joining me, "Welcome to the other world, nandini." That means I was brought to a different dimension?

The dimension of demons!

Tbc...