Chapter 75

In vampire castle,

Manik's blood froze. The pain, ache and agony his body was afflicted with suddenly vanished.

He lifted hus head, shoulders broadening back to their normal size as he sat on his knees erect, tall and proudly.

He didn't look as afflicted and torture as he did before. This man who had now transformed his posture depicted who he was... Manik Malhotra, the only one to be adopted by a vampire king ever. All because of his abilities and powers.

Never mind, Manik looked straight at the king of darkness with a pale expression and said, "Walton left? He... He should not have done it. It is not safe." he was talking more to himself.

"Exactly... It is not safe for my son to be out there among the lurking perils. But he is... As much as I want to deny it, he is there away somewhere I don't know about. It is all because of you, Manik. All because of you." the king snarled.

"Because of me???" Manik was surprised.

He was himself shocked by the news. He was equally concerned for Walton. But Manik had no clue why he was being accused.

Not until the king raised him higher in air again and seethe his teeth, "Yes because of you.. Because you want to use him against us. Against me as a weakness while the dark night comes."

"That's not true," Manik defended.

"SHUT UP, Manik Malhotra. Your betterment lies in silence." He raised hand higher in air and angled his palm such that it was against Manik's chest in air.

Then he darkly eyed at him and the very moment Manik started screaming in pain. He was being psychologically tortured. A pain that was causing his body go numb.

"Aahhhh!" His roaring screams skipped everyone's heart.

"For my goodness and for everything I provided you, you rewarded me with treason. Thence your punishment shall be an example for all." pulling his hand back, the king eyed his new minster Aniruddh.

Manik who fell on the floor coughed bringing his hand near his chest while clenching his teeth.

He had not even gotten over the shock of Walton's escape that the king imposed him with a new one.

"Keeping in mind how Manik Malhotra, one of my four princes and member of the Royal family, deceived the throne and beyrayed his own people by hiding the key (Nandini) for his own selfishness, and for manipulating the other princes and conducting activities that harmed the esteem of our clan... I, King Vladimir Vaz, the protected of night and the keeper of vampire dimension, sentence him with a death penalty. " The members including the soldiers in the assembly room gasped.

"I order the commander in charge to take him to the Jeremiah Cliff and begin his execution." He roared out loudly in the air. "I want his head here, before my feet."

While everyone showed their expressions with widening of their eyes and compression of their lips in a line, Manik laid on floor unaffected by the king's words.

Only, he was not going to die today for real. He had died thousands of times long ago. He was brutally murdered for greed by the same king. His sanity had been killed many a times. His soul had been tortured more times than what the executioners would do on the Jeremiah Cliff— a cliff where the traitors are executed for treason to the royal family.

"Take him away and bring me back his head." On the announcement made by the king, the minster and his soldiers who were standing behind Manik strode ahead.

They grabbed him by the hand and pulled him on his legs. Only, they were oblivious of Manik's moves.

They grabbed his shoulders and by the waist to make him walk on his powerless legs. As they walked him out of the assembly room, some of the courtiers took in the features of his face for the last time before his death.