Chapter 43

Vampire Castle...

Waltons pov...

All the soldiers were commanded to look for manik. But the problem was he was nowhere, not even in the dark forest. And cherry on top, she (nandini) was also missing. "There is no need to waste efforts and time behind him, your lord. I told you already and will tell the same thing again and again as long as I am asked about it.. Manik fled away. He kidnapped her and fled away otherwise, he would have been there in the forest only."... My good for nothing brother harshad shrugged his shoulders whilst constantly provoking king's anger.

Father was very irritated, first of all manik was missing and then, after sometime he was given the news that the girl was missing too. She was there in the forest with school children, for camping, the same forest where manik was sent for the punishment. However, the bus and the students returned butnot her. "I'm telling you, he kidnapped her!"

"Why do you think will he do that?"... I rose up from my seat protesting against my brother's cruelty. Shit!!! I should not have done that, actually. Now all the pupils were looking at me with suspect. Even the king had his eyes on me. It was high time but, he was just speaking things I couldnot tolerate for one more second.

"Hmm seems like little Walton knows something, don't you!"... Harshad exclaimed walking in slow pace toward me.

I regretted, my tongue uttered something which it should not have! Now all the eyes were staring at me, waiting fur my reply. I was scared, what to speak... One lie and I knoe harshad will be using his power on me and have everything out of my mouth.

I looked away whining like my usual self. I feigned to be irritated by his unusual exclamation. "What the heck!"... I faked a shout trying to make myself look strong and unknown to whatever was going on in the castle around. "I speak something in his favour does not mean i know where he is! Stop stressing your little brain brother."... I swigged my saliva seeing harshad s eyes turning black.

This happened everytime he was offended. Even his retina turned as black as coal. It was better to move away from him. As I took a step backward to go away and leave the court, i realized my neck was clutched by him and he pinned me to my seat. He was on top of me partially with hus one leg on the side of my waist as I laid on the seat half faking on the ground. " You are as shall as a bean but Your tongue is sharper than a sharpened sword. I think you want me to punish your ass again!"... I could not breathe, tears formed in my eyes.

I slapped on his wrists attempting to move him aside, but I couldn't. Anyhow as I managed to look at the king and our father, my eyes watered more seeing his expressionless face. He didn't care, not even a percent! And instantly I refused to protest against harshad therefore, allowing him to exert more pressure around my neck.

Closing my eyes I just remembered his (manik) words which he once said to me, "I know I'm not your blood brother, but I'm not less than your blood brother too. If ever you need me, just close your eyes, think of me and— I'll appear."... I forced a smile on my lip lip which I assume were now be Turning blue.

I felt my body turning numb, I was welcoming my death with open hands," HARSHAD!!! "... A voice rung in my ears and after, what it seemed like an hour, I felt as though life was blew back in my body and the grip around my neck loosened. Instantly I fell on the ground curling up like a snail holding my throat while from my semi opened eyes I saw him,

Manik... On top of harshad near my father— oops, the king's feet beating him black and blue. There was blood on his knuckles that was harshad s, "Manikk!"... The king shouted getting up from his throne. "Leave him now."... Manik turned deafears to his command.

And as predicted, the king being the partial, just with a snap of his finger made manik to go away by flying high in the sky and fall on the floor after hitting his back on a pillar across. "Ma-nik!" I battled to scream, but my throat choked.
"How many times to I have to tell you! Behave like an obedient subject, if not prince."... Anyhow I managed to stand up, my partial father, king Vaz like always ended up punishing and screaming at him who was like always, not at all at fault.

"Why father!!!! Why him! Why not harshad!"... I raised my voice amidst my tears. I matched my gaze down with his feet, I was breaking his rule, one of the rules, but I dont think it was the time to think about it. "Do you have any idea how harshad treats me or Unwin! Do you know how many times have we been stabbed with silver spears or thrown down of the castle from the terrace, do you know that just few days back he almost killed me. Do you know he tried to kill Unwin! "... I was literally wet with sweat, my face was drenched with tears... Tears of blood.

I coughed a little still feeling something pricking my throat," If still you want to be shown proofs then see this. "... I tore open my shirt showing the scars on my body and the one which he gave that day on the table, was still fresh. "And do you know who have been saving me and Unwin. Who's been protecting us like our guards even at night! Who comes at night to see whether we are okay not, do you know? It's him, your loyal prince yet not your prince Manik Malhotra."... I pointed at him who was now trying to stand up.

Manik took the support of the same pillar, " He's not my favorite or something. I don't care whether you kill him or punish him but if its about obediennce and loyalty, then I respect him. Because I have never seen as loyal person as him so far, not even your commander!"... I was feeling quite good now, after letting everything out that was there inside of me.

Author's pov...

There was pindrop silence, the king glared harshad, his face was scariest sight for anyone, for the vampire themselves." Is that true harshad? Whatever Walton said, is it true"... He asked, harshad looked down neither answering nor daring to stare in his eyes.

Vladimir Vaz, threw a glance at manik who was standing there at the side, resting his body across the pillar, he heldhis left shoulder seeming severely hurt. Manik pressed his lips together gulping his pain, one move and he knew he would scream loudly letting out his pain in front of everyone, yet he didn't. He stood as a statue in his spot watching the fury in the kings eyes grow. And earlier than anyone could anticipate, harshad was lying under the kings feet, like a prey, "I excused all your mistakes, even the biggest ones. I'm not going to excuse your mistakes anymore Harshad. Nobody... I say nobody... Has any right to hurt my princes... Not even you."... With a gaze of his eyes, harshad was hanging in the mid air facing the king.

"Let me down father! I beg for your forgiveness. "... He sounded scared. Harshad twirled in the air battling to stand straight however he couldn't.

Instead, he was raised up high in the air more. "Ask raghav to communicate with Prashant, Harshad is visiting him in the morning, next day."

"Please, ohh no. Please, father I'm sorry. This won't happen again."... He begged, kicking his hands and legs in the air.

Now it Vladimir to turn deaf ears towards harshad. He swirled his kings gown walking ahead. Stopping near the pillar, he ironically gaped the white paint of pillar stained with his blood which he presumed was because of his harsh throw. He placed his hand on manik's shoulder squeezing it in an apologetic way. Manik gave him a hurtful smile conveying that he was okay between his teary eyes. "Go your room and rest."... He pat in the same place lightly making sure to not hurt him.

The king with a side look, gazed behind him as though gazing over harshad and blinked his lashes together that made harshad to fall on the ground with a thud. "Walton, see me in my room with Unwin."... Striding outside, he said.

After he left, Manik and Walton passed each other a sad smile thanking each other for their support. Regardless, the next moment, Walton quickly straightened his posture pretending as though he like, didn't care at all making manik adore him. While there, harshad glared the two.

To be continued...

What you were looking for, is in the next chapter. 👀

😆💗

I won't give any spoiler... Just a clue... The dark destiny is going to go in its owners right hands. 😏

Do vote and comment.

Wanted to write more... But long chaps I don't think anybody likes to read! 🤔