Chapter 62

Dhruv entered the Shrine barefooted. The room was empty. There were only benches lined up together in two rows, one in the left side and other on the right side. It was only the candles that illuminated in every corner hence giving the light that the room missed otherwise.

He walked further and stalled before the altar where an agedly woman stood facing her back to him. He assumed her making a prayer when she spoke, "Please come forward alpha. The goddess has been waiting to talk to you." She called.

Dhruv joined her at the altar. He closed his eyes sending his regards to the creator of their world and finally moved to look at the aged woman standing beside him. He opened his mouth to speak but then, large flames of untouchable fire generated around the shoulders of the old woman. He walked backwards saving himself from the heat it created and stared her.

"She doesn't want to be a part of this world nor would you get anything out of this. Help her leave this beasts' land and you shall be awarded with a peaceful life. Help her pass the course of the dark night for your security lies within her protection!"

The flames faded away and the oracle gasped looking at dhruv. He helped her walk to the opposite side of the altar and sit on the bench.

Being an oracle was no tough job. It was the job that helped the wolves connect with the moon goddess and seek wise advice for the betterment of their lives as well as pack.

And whatever dhruv heard from the oracle's mouth just left him aghast. Like, wasn't he supposed to participate with other beasts in this race and chase nandini? Why did t r moon goddess tell him that her protection was the path to the protection of his own life? What did it mean?

He kneeled down in front of the old woman and patiently looked in her eyes. Dhruv took her hands in his and raised his brows as if asking her to tell him what does that mean. The old oracle gulped her saliva before she opened her mouth and explain, "The goddess wants you to save her, alpha."

"What? But why should I do that?" he calmly said. "Even if I drop my decision, the others would chase her. Whoever gets her, gets the power over the entire world which is not good for us. From where we can see, the vampires are already winning this game." He looked down on her hands.

The oracle removed her hands from his grip and caressed his face. Ste was the oldest woman in his pack, also the woman who raised his after his parents' death. Dhruv kept his head in her lap and listened to what she had to tell him, "The vampires don't have her. She is in the safe hands as for now."

"No, ma'am! She isn't. She's with Manik, one of the vampire princes. He would definitely mark her." he said countering to her words.

"No my child, he wouldn't. He has declared a protest against his king father. Manik wants to save her. And that's why he's taken her to the other world where she'd be kept safe until the dark night passes. From what goddess said, it is clear that she wants you to save her along.". Dhruv looked up at her face seriously. "Yes alpha Dhruv. She wants you to help them save her. They'd need your help now after your sister and the cruel vampire prince harshad has broken out of the rehabilitation center. They'd try to get her and that's where moon goddess wants you to save her. Don't take her words for granted, don't forget I only say what the goddess wants to her children. " Dhruv let out a small sigh.

That wasn't a big deal but working with the vampires was. Dhruv never wanted nandini. He never wished for her dark destiny nor of the girls who were chosen earlier. It's just that, nandini was different, and saving her along with the vampires seemed more of a big mess. Wolves can't be friends with the vampires after all!

"You should think upon it soon. She needs you as manik would have to leave her because the vampire king's hunters are looking for him. He's been sentenced to death for treason!" The oracle said.

Dhruv got up on his legs and nodded his head in yes, "I have made my decision ma'am. It's hard but we'll have to do it. I'll work with the vampires to save nandini pass the dark night. If it's for that innocent girl's safety, I'd partner up with the enemies too."

~~~

In the other world,

On the other hand, nandini sat silently on the bed. It was the day in the other other world but it looked like the evening. That's because the days here were gloomy and the sky appeared dark red. There were nasty big birds looking like zombie birds with their eyes ripped off, wings slightly damaged ahd beak longer and pointed, that flew in the air.

Manik was gone since the last night, and there was nobody else who she could talk to. She crazily threw her head back on the pillow and closed her eyes, "Damnnnn, this is sooo boring. When will I be able go out of this place?" she grunted turning onto her stomach.

"Soon." She heard a voice coming from the door of her room. "Ninety hours from now, and the dark night would arrive. Once it's gone, and if your safe by chance, then you can easily go out." that was raghav. He had a foil packet in his hand. He came inside and handed it to nandine while he took a seat on the edge of the bed.

" Thank you. " Nandu smiled as the foil packet was nothing but her food. She ate few bites and looked at him. "BTW you said ninety hours... Looks like it'll pass soon if I keep staying with you in here."

Raghav nodded in no. He sadly looked at her face and smiled, "Unfortunately that won't be possible any more nandini"

"Why??" she asked eating the good.

Raghav looked at the window on his right and his eye color changed. He breathed deeply and said that nandini would have never prepared herself to hear, "Manik has been caught. He's been taken back to earth nandini, and I'm afraid I can't protect you all by myself."

Tbc...

Hope that's nice, we're quickly going to wrap up with this dark night thingy and have some steamy manan moments soon. I'm done with this thing now. So let's prepare ourselves for the Manan part. 😈😈😈 Do vote and comment. Also mention what you'd like to see further, manan love scene, their separation or something interesting???