Chapter 64

Her eyes mystically look at her palms, "No, this can't be possible! I..." She paused briefly as thinking about whatever raghav said left her aghast.

She was a normal human. Yeah that was true that she was a pawn born with powers, but that didn't change the reality. She was freaking human. It was just that her powers were useful for the beasts who were behind her.

Nandu remembered dhruv's wirds. He had said that her destiny is meant for them to hold. On the dark night, whoever sleeps with her becomes the most powerful beast on their dimension.

How was she supposed to experience using powers?

"I don't believe this." She slowly murmured, but it was nothing fir raghav as he can hear it.

His lips just smiled, his eyes looked at nandu's face as he watched her closely with excitement written all over his face, "I am not surprised nandini because this is true." he held her wrist abd took her outside the room.

This was the furst time she was going somewhere out. Ste had always been in this room ever since they brought her here. This castle has just been a mysterious place for her that just helped her stay safe while the vampires guarded her life as her protectors.

But she knew the truth. They were not really saving her. They were just protecting her virginity until the dark night so that they could own it to themselves.

Anyways, she don't have to think much about it for raghav has brought her to a big hall. That had all furniture. Not old in the sense that they were outdated or worn it, but old on the sense that they came from a different era. It felt like she was transported into a different year, precisely the medieval age whee everything looked magistic and royal with antique stuff spread all around.

Nandu loved it. If she has known that she was living in such a place than she would have never stayed locked up in her room. She was beautifully decorated with a royal touch.

"You think you are wronged. You think you are nothing but a pawn that will be killed towards the end of this war. But Nandini Murthy, every time when a girl is chosen with a dark destiny, she is also given some powers to defend herself." Raghav brought to her notice.

That sounded good and relieved her heart yet there were something she was missing out. Didn't dhruv said that she was like a sheep stuck between a pack of wolves? He told her that she was nothing but a medium to become the most powerful in this dimension. And that her life was nothing more than a bridge for them to cross the sea of hell fire.

He told her that he would protect her because she deserved to live. Was it all a lie?

Hmm, it has to be, otherwise she would have never gotten this power. Raghav was impressive but she can't trust him wuth his words. He was a vampire after all. So the best way to comprehend everything was to use the blue flames power of her palms.

"It is like a game in the ring, where both the fighters have equal rights, powers, and chances to win and defend themselves. If we (the creatures) want to win the war then we will have to Chas you. And if you want to save yourself than you will have to fight for it. For that, you have this... This power. " Raghav raised her left wrist and eyed it.

" See nandini, I was in favour of using the previous girl for our benefits because Manik was going to sleep wuth her abd take the throne. But now, the eldest heir (harshad) vampire king is demanding for it. He is a flcrue) cruel and cunning guy. If he gets you, he will not only torture you but keep you as his slave for thr rest of your life. Not only that, he will also kill Manik and me and every that person who helped Manik. And after Manik protested against the vampire king, he has been held captive, he must be sentenced to die. Which indirectly means thet harshad, the King's true heir will get to get his throne. And we are against that. So Nandini, it's you who can save yourself from both, the vampires and the wolves. " raghav said in a go.

It stunned nandu. She shivered in fear and bewilderment as thus all seemed like a scene of a movie. Come on, this was awfully scary. She gulped her saliva and looked up at Raghav, "I don't want to be raped, Raghav. I want to fight. Even if I die, I don't care. I just want to keep my dignity intact." She said while raghav impressive watched her.

"I want to pass the dark night without falling into anyone's trap. Will you help me? I want to learn how to use this powers." She asked hopefully.

Raghav nodded his head. He hummed and looked out of the closed window, through the transparent glass, at the changing sky, "Yes, I will teach you. I will keep you safe as long as I can." He paused dramatically before he said again. "I will give my life for you, if that's what it takes. But I will help you pass this night nandini. That was Manik s last wish too."

No sooner be Saud that than her popped out, "What??? What do you mean by his last wish." She asked.

"It's obvious that he'll die in the hands of the vampire king. The always wanted to give manik a severe death. But now that he has been caugh for a trait, he shall be murdered while his son takes his place. He won't make it to the morning post the dark night. " there was hurt in his voice.

However, nandu raused her handz in the air and blue flames came out. They hit raghav in a manner that he flew in the air before a Fallin back on the ground, "Jeez!!! That was uncalled and hurtful." raghav complained caressing his back.

Nandu just pulled her lips in a thin line before she alarmingly said, "Don't you dare say that he will not be able to make it past the dark night." She grumbled. "he will have to. I won't let him die before answering my questions. He is not dying so easily."
There was something in her voice that sounded like authority and
insecurity.

Whatever it was, it looked nice to see that there was someone who cared for Manik!

Tbc...

Hope it was nice. Don't forget to comment and vote. I will publish tomorrow if the votes exceed the count of 80. I want to update daily but looks like there are no readers to read!!! Do tell me how was this chapter and whether you'd like to see daily updates. Thanks ❤️