Chapter 4

" So students this how we subtract two apples from five and the apples that are remained are three ".... Nandini, the kindergartner's teacher stood straight leaning against the green board explainining the kids subtraction method. Scribbling the next sum she glanced at the innocent yet naughty children who had their hands raised up waiting to get the chance to solve the sum. Tapping her chin with a smile. " Elena would you like to try this one ".... She stated when the little girl who had her hand raised higher came running timidly towards her.

" 1 apple minus 1 apple equals to zero ".... She counted on her little finger while gazing her teacher's face as if waiting for appreciation.

" Very good Elena... This is correct ".... She patted her back in acknowledgement gesturing her to go back to her place.

The bell for the recess rung and all of the kids jumped in happiness while removing their tiffins. Half of them has already started even before the bell has rung while nandini chuckled on recieving their toothy grins with a sorry look.

The duty of a nursery or kindergarten's teacher is not easy. They have to look after the naughtiest children, teach them, solve their quarrels, keep them happy and what not. Though nandini would have left her job as a teacher a long ago since the remuneration she get was the least she could expect. Only $200 for a month.

She was lost in her thoughts as to how will she pay the rent of her apartment, make the payment of the groceries she had taken on credit, the books she has rented for entertainment. She can't help but go frustrated at the low life she was spending. Sometimes she feels jealous of all her classmates who'd spent their college enjoying their years and night in parties whereas here she was busy concentrating on her studies with the only motive of getting a higher percentage to get a good job and to lead a happy life. Her parents divorced only when she was six, she doesn't even know where her mother is. As far as she remember and the information her aunt has given her was that she ran away with some millionaire friend of hers and father... He went his own way sparing her in her uncle's hands.

Ever since then her faith in god and angels has vanished. After she'd acquired her degree nandini had walked  out of her uncle's house choosing her own path for a living. She couldn't burden them with her thought of presence though they had been a great support.

Even today, she goes and meets them and attends all of their functions. But she never goes for a stay at their pace at all. " Ma'am ".... Her enchantment broke up when Clifford, her naughtiest student stood in front of her with his tiffin box. " Ma'am would you like to have some nutella rolls!! Trust me this is the best breakfast my mother could ever prepare "..... Nandini laughed at his words. He's a naughty boy but honest. And whatever he says brings a smile on her face always.

" Thanks so much sweety you have it. I'm full "... Lied she when the truth is she haven't eaten anything from the last night.

The little boy frowned as he caught her red-handed lying. " Yeah. I'd seen how much you've had in the morning, certainly nothing. I had seen you taking only a water bottle from the canteen. ".... He announced making all the children glance her in utmost concentration whilst she sat in her chair biting her lips. " For me ma'am please have this ".... Raising his hand high near her mouth whilst standing on his toes Clifford waited for her.

Having unshed tears of joy nandini ate the rolls from his hand feeling blessed. Atleast there's someone in her life who she can call hers.

" Teacher taste my sandwiches too "

" Miss have my mumma's best sweet "

" Ma'am eat from my hand as well please "

There the lovely children stood forming a long queue along her left side with an open mouth. " Bloody Copy Cat people "... Clifford remarked as they all tried to imitate him while nandini laughed out loud watching her little quarrelsome army stand in front of her.

" Okay now stop fighting. I'll taste all of yours lunch ".... Watching the kids jump in joy she leaned down to match their heights as they one after another came with their tiffin feeding her some of their lunch until she wasn't full.

In the mean time the last bell rung indicating the end of their recess and fun time. " Okay class now get back to ya seats now ".... She tried to sound strict for her favourite student Clifford was asusual busy threatening the inferior students with his cute gang of four boys. " Clifford did you hear what did I just say haan? "... Raising her brow with a stern face she glared him.

" Umm ma'am nothing this stupid boy stole my favorite pencil ".... He lied hitting him in the head before going back to his seat.

" Miss Murthy some parents has come to meet you ".... Before she could comment anything on Clifford's act, a peon told her.

" Ma'am those must be my parents. I've told them in the morning that the teacher wanted to meet'hem ".... He sounded excited as if they were called to praise him.
" I'll accompany you ma'am... Momma may want to meet me. She misses me a lot ".... Added he marching towards the door of the class while she sighed defeatedly at his naughtiness.

~~~~~~

" Teacher will you do me a favour! Please. ".... While they were in the way to the visiting lounge of the school Clifford bantered, played and tried to convince his teacher. " Actually mummy had told me that she would spank my ass hundred times if this time she would get to hear any of my complains so please pretty please tell her that you've called them to appreciate me ".... Eyeing her with shock nandini entered inside the lounge where her shock increased a level more.

There stood two tall guys with a women of equal height wearing wierd dresses they nodded towards each other as if giving a go to execute some sort of plan. " Who are you? ".... On seeing them remove a handkerchief she shouted. Helpppppppppp ".... Alas, she was inhaled chloroform along with Clifford making everything go dark.

To be continued....

Here you met Nandini Murthy... The protagonist.
And Clifford, isn't he cute??? 😝

More characters to come 😁
It's indeed gonna be sagacious than twilight😏.
(just a joke😂)

Anyways.... Who are they??? And how will she be saved!

Plzzz do vote and comment.