Chapter 49

I had mixed feelings. Fear, excitement, humiliation and what not. My hands turned white with anxiety seeing him coming towards my bed, the smoke emitting from the test tubes kept on the slab behind him gave his aura a scary look.

Closing the books i slipped my hand under my pillow looking for the knife I stole from the kitchen in the morning. "You don't need it actually." I gulped, when he said that. I was clueless as in, how on earth did he learn my action? "Don't be scared I'm not here to scare you. Rather I have come here for other purpose." he came and stood across my bed a step away.

I pulled the quilt away getting out of it. It is a bad idea to stay in the bed when I know what can he do. Standing in the side near the edge of yhe bed I played with my fingers. Actually I didn't want to talk to him, he doesnt even deserve it. What he did to me the other night, I can't forgive him.

He's put me in a situation where neither can I run nor can I make things happen as per my wish. I'm just a mere pawn in their arms. Well what can I do i front of a wolf who's an alpha and a vampire who's a prince? They are controlling me despite of my permission.

"I know there are many questions running in your mind! After what I made you go through the last night, you wouldn't want to talk to me. I can see that from now only, yet you'll have to talk to me now."... He spoke, I looked down carefully listening to him but not giving him a gaze at all." At least for the last time in life! " my eyes promptly held together with his, I took my time trying to replay what he just said!

Did he really say 'Tha last time!'

What does that mean?

In return, instead of answering me— I got to get his smile, a dark mysterious smile that reflected nothing but something I knew yet I could not define

In return, instead of answering me— I got to get his smile, a dark mysterious smile that reflected nothing but something I knew yet I could not define. It was as though he was indirectly taunting me for something that was yet to occur. "You think I'm the reason behind all this right." I raised my brow giving him the look 'do you have any doubt in that!' whilst placing my hands on my butt.

"Come on, I have come here to free you." he moved in the room pocketing some herbs, uhh— stealing them from the stock. "
Free you from this chaos, from this mess, from Dhruv, and finally — from me." Something stabbed me on my chest, suddenly I started to feel dizzy and burdened with an unknown emotion.

And before I could take a stand against my feelings for him, my legs automatically moved in his direction. I turned him around looking directly in hus eyes. Surprisingly, his pupils which were black earlier were now soft blue like a calm ocean speaking of his calmness. However, they were so stilled and unmoving that I couldn't stop myself from relating it with that ocean out there that seems calm yet it has many tempest to occur in it. And when it would happen... You never know!

I could see his smirk, a smirk that was saying, 'though you'll be free from everything tonight but you'll lose a part of yourself' and I very well knew what that 'Something' was— him. It wasn't a secret at all, he knew I had feelings for him. Maybe that is why I didn't even mind giving him my first kiss! Nevertheless things were different now. Though I wish we could stay together, I really fell hard in love with him unfortunately, he's not somebody to fall in love with.

He's a monster... Who's never die, never grow old, never change and probably never smile!

"Get away from me." I've come here to talk to him but I guess he read mind and earlier than I could utter a word he asked me to back away.

I did as he told, and the next moment what I saw is— the same white smoke emitting from hus body and within a second he was not him anymore but Dhruv. He again disguised himself as Dhruv.

He held me by the wrist, his eyes never getting away from my face

Not even did his pupils move, they were fixed on my face. And when he made me walk behind him while he marched near the door, I smiled— the time has come for me to finally get out of this mess.

I couldn't stop my smile as well as my tears. I was standing fucking right in front of my apartment building. The noise coming from the neighbouring restobar soothed my hearing, the voice from the television coming from my apartment owner, Aunt Clara's room felt so homely. I took a step forward taking in the view as if it was the most powerful and precious treasure of my life. Well, yess it is. I don't have anywhere to go than this place.

Good, it has stopped raining when we left the pack house but looking at the cloud, I can say it won't stay silent anymore. The noise of thunderbolt freaked me out. I rubbed my arms hugging myself. I should get going inside. Living in the pack house for week was torture, I want to feel my house... My real house.

"Uhh manik I am goi—" As I turned around to inform him, I realized, he was gone. He left without even letting me know about it?

It was annoying? At least he could have just bid me a bye before signing off. But on a serious note, why the hell was I even bothering myself about it? He's not someone to trust at all, not now when I clearly know who he is. Vampires are not good for company, let alone be life partner.

However, his words rung in my ears making me feel lost, 'Talk to me, for the last time!'
Umm was he right with his words? Aren't we going to see each other anymore?

I lost nysekf in his thoughts. I nysekf don't know how was I supposed to feel— happy or sad! I don't know whether we'd really see each other a gain or not? Whatever if he was real honest about it! "Nandini! Nandini what are you doing out there?" I was pulled back to the reality, if was aunt Clara peeping down at me from her window from the first floor.

"Uhh, I was just— nothing" I replied.

"Come on in, first you show up after so many days and then stand out like an idiot." it was rude, I smiled anyways on her wirds.

Well, life back in track nandini murthy... Happy freedom again!

Tbc...

Sorry for poor picture quality. Can't get good, no time😩
Anyway hope you like it. Do votes and comments yrr... Don't be soo stingy. I love you all. ♥️