-1-

PART  1

She opened her eyes with hope, the slight breeze hit them. She was still real, and in some ways, still alive. The grey sky as mediocre as always, the warm summer day shown on the calendar was nowhere to be found, the lone girl was sitting on her balcony, a book covered in gold held tightly in her hands. 

Wuthering Heights it read, muggles certainly had their way with words. And the magical worlds hidden behind those old and damaged pages were about the only things that brought joy to the young witch. 

If her parents ever figured out she had an extension like that to the muggle world, protecting her inner peace would be unachievable, not to mention her outer reflection. Not that her parents were in the wrong, what kind of blood traitor was she to enjoy those filthy beings' work anyways ? 

Killers they all were. Cruel monsters who solely wanted their kind's death. Closing the book and hiding it gently under her bed and locking it with a spell, she walked firmly to the living room, watching from afar the family living next door. 

They had a much smaller house than her family and yet the family living there was twice their population. The McKinnons. The family with four kids spent most of their time outside. A middle-aged couple, an older girl, must've been around the age of 15, a girl a bit younger than who seemed to be her sister, and two younger boys, one looking slightly older than the other. 

Their household wasn't empty for a single day. Other kids, families, and couples were always in their backyard playing with the four siblings. With their blond hair and slightly tanned skin, they always seemed to be happy.

"Blood traitors" she thought. Her own parents were doing the right thing. Kids weren't meant to be associated with others, at least not until Hogwarts

Always spoken about at dinner parties, the famous Hogwarts. She had read many books about the mystical place and as the sole heir of the Alexander family, she was to be sorted into Slytherin. She possessed every quality to be sorted into the family tradition. Cunning, Ambitious, Strategic. Nobody had a single doubt about it, unlike the ungrateful Black boy whom she had secretly watched getting screamed at by her mother at last week's ball. 

The girl had a much better relationship with his brother, maybe a year younger than her, the boy was completely obsessed with Magical Creatures and yet physically was like a small version of his father. She couldn't even imagine what she would tell him if he found out about her interest in muggles, or anyone else for that matter.

-

Laurel Alcmene Alexander was the first and only child of the two most influential purebloods in the British wizarding world's socialites ; Victoire Pandora and Adelram Orpheus Alexander, and she carried the weight of it exceedingly well.

The tightly fit black dress was perfectly complemented by the silver tiara decorated elegantly with dark obsidian stones and shiny dark brown hair nearly reaching her mid-back. 

She looked just like she wanted to look like. Just like everyone wanted her to look like. 

Long hair for women proved many things among upper-class families and only her wavy hair that refused to be straightened ruined her perfect look. No matter how hard her mother and their house-elf tried Loki tried, it simply didn't work and the disapproving looks directed at it by her mother each time she looked at her was the worst part of it. 

As the dark dress embraced her tightly, she took a small breath and lifted her chin gracefully before walking her way down to the ballroom for her eleventh birthday.