-52-

At the heart of all anger, all grudges, and all resentment, you'll always find a fear that hopes to stay anonymous  - Donald L. Hicks

"He asks me out and obsesses over me for years, literally screams his stupid confession to me and now I'm just nothing to him ?" Lily was complaining about James, again.

After that party, James had woken up as a nearly new person. Whatever it was in his drinks, from that day on, he had never tried to make a move upon her. No Lily-flower, no actual Lillies, they would simply talk and spend much more time together and it was slowly driving Lily crazy. Even if she didn't know it yet.

"And what is it with Remus ? He obviously tries to get me to do the rounds with Potter since he can't be sick every single month and when he does actually do them with me he just asks me how I'm doing, my parents, classes-" Lily continued to complain when she cut her off.

"Sweet Merlin what a psycho" Rolling her dark brown eyes, she laughed at her, Marlene joining in.

And to be quite honest, their chats for the whole week consisted of Dorcas, James and subtly Sirius which she didn't like to admit, as neither of them seemed to be going the way they wanted them to. Whether it was ice cream and comforting Marlene, listening to Lily complain, and be in denial about James or Laurel blaming every thought she had on hormones and her never-ending period to convince them, or herself, that she was over him, it was a pathetic pity party and making fun of each other was the only thing that brought them joy.

"I have to go somewhere but I'll meet you guys after class" She tried to get her way out by turning on her heel rapidly but was caught by Marlene's grip on her short hair. "Ouch ?"

"Yeah no. Even your everlasting classes are over, so where are you actually going you sneaky little piece of-" Twisting her hair on her wrist so she would face, she was cackling, not being able to bring the rest of her sentence.

"Okay how about we calm down" Lily joined her with a few giggles. "Is it hot Slytherin again ?" She raised her eyebrows suggestively, just like a mum exaggerating her discreet looks.

"Now I'm intrigued" 

"Firstly, I just got my scalp pulled out of my head by this passive-aggressive air balloon, so I'm using my right to remain silent, but if you must know, we're just friends, besides he helped me a lot and-" At that point, she realized they had both stopped listening to her.

"Yeah, and why would you cheat on your imaginary boyfriend right" Marlene has started cackling again at her own jokes.

She smiled spitefully at her before finger-gunning them to walk up to the other side of the corridor, out towards the greenhouses.

-

"Birdie" Evan smiled brightly at her sight. He was sitting alone on the edge of the lake, waving at her.

"You're making me regret ever telling you that"

"Sorry owlie, better ?"

"Let's just get it over with. Give me that Potions book out and let me push that through your skull"

"If you want me to teach you Astronomy I would suggest keeping it this way" 

"I'm not even taking the class, I just want to know. Teach me everything"

"Well I am taking potions so I have to know first. Why we can't keep the damn blood inside of those poor animals"

"Hide your head. Your friends hate me and mines do too. If I'm seen with you, I really can't handle the Death Eater speech"