-41-

Hate the sin, love the sinner  - Mahatma Gandhi

"We have Potions in ten minutes" Lily entered the room with Remus's grandpa sweaters she had stolen for the week. Their styles were so similar that by putting a few things on both of their clothing piles, she could help the two out financially at the same time without them noticing.

"Wait a second" She answered in front of the mirror trying to mess her hair up in the -perfectly imperfect- look she spent half an hour each morning on.

"Okay" The girl sat on the edge of her bed excitedly, smiling like a birthday kid, shaking her leg impatiently.

"What's got you so happy ? Did Slughorn get a haircut ?"

"Do you remember the girl I met in Astronomy ? Well, she had Potions an hour ago and apparently, it's about a few potions to make us choose the class in our N.E.W.Ts and Amortentia is one of them. There was so much drama in one hour you won't believe it" She let out in one breath.

"Done" Throwing her hairbrush on her bed, she followed her friend out of their dorm, pacing swiftly towards the dungeons. "Did she break up with racist rabbit by the way ?"

"Better. The guy smelled her best friend"

"Ooh gossip without me huh" Wherever she had come from, Marlene jumped in front of them laughing. "He asked her out to Hogsmeade and she slapped him"

They talked a bit more about sad couples that had absolutely no importance to them with Mary adding more to everything they knew, she was cut off by Slughorn's entrance.

The man spoke about absolutely anything and everything. He must've had a talent for making everything he talked about immediately boring as she was close to falling asleep in a lecture about a subject she had read about for days.

"Watch watch watch. Potter is going up" Lily whispered excitedly in her ear, failing to remember her careless act.

"So that's why you were so jumpy" She raised her eyebrows suggestively, realizing the man must've gone through over twenty Potions before he came to what Lily was so eager to see.

"I smell..." He took a dramatic breath, checking to see if she was watching. "Vanilla, butterbeer and the sunset perfume I bought someone last Christmas" Walking back next to Peter, he sent her a big wink, making sure everyone saw him.

"What a-" She breathed out in anger next to her, escaping her gaze from him. "dense sponge head"

"Mr. Avery, would you like to come up here unless your conversation is more important ?"

The bulky boy walked up to where James had just left and took a small breath in.

"It smells like fart" He laughed at his joke, and probably was the only one to do so except for his equally brainless friends in the back.

"May I try sir ?" The boy in Slytherin robes got up.

"Please do Mr. Rosier"

He stepped forward and took a large breath with a smile spreading around his face. "It smells like my parents' cottage near the beach. I can assume since I haven't yet met my person I'm attracted to in a romantic way-"

"Fuck you" Sirius yelled from the back, shutting him up.

Now she remembered who the guy was. It was the Slytherin beater Sirius and James screeched at every single game. Partly because he was a really good player and partly because, well. He was a Slytherin.

"Thank you" The boy saluted carelessly, walking down to his desk. Maybe he had gotten used to it but it was still fun watching him never react and anger the two boys.