-63-

The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost  - Gilbert Chesterton

A war had begun, and even the most resistant had acknowledged it at that point.

Mortality rates by murder were at the highest they had ever been in centuries, the Daily Prophet's funeral and missing person announcements were outnumbering the pages and the Wizarding World was steadily welcoming an apocalypse. 

But if there was one thing an upcoming war couldn't stand in the way of;

it was Sirius Black's birthday party.

Sex Pistols and Fleetwood Mac barging through the corners, she watched James and Lily dance happily, lost in each other's eyes under everyone's eyes as the new power couple, as headboy and girl, they both had everything going for them.

The two getting together hadn't quite surprised anyone, since they hadn't really changed the way they acted around each other, but of course, Lily seemed so happy that she hadn't really been around her for the past weeks, and rightfully so.

Alice and Frank were once again together, probably doing a cute-

They were duelling ?

She turned her head around quickly, remembering the reason why she had given up on trying to understand the two.

Marlene was talking to a new girl for the past week or so, and she too was spending most of her time with her, then again, rightfully so.

Dorcas was trying to flirt with Benjy Fenwick, and both seemed like they had a lot of common things to talk about.

Being as straight as a cooked noodle being the main one.

Peter was watching James and Lily from afar. His eyes darkened from the lack of light were fixated on them, probably admiring their loveliness.

Even Remus seemed to have found a guy to smoke and laugh with.

And she-

She was sitting alone on a leather couch, her nose bleeding from snorting whatever it was that creepy dealer had given to her in exchange for a blowjob, her bloodshot eyes fixated on the couple near her.

"Come on, I told you I'm not a commitment type of guy- I like to have fun" He insisted, looking away from her in boredom.

"But Sisi, you're my boyfriend, am I not enough for you ?"

"Fuck's sake this is my birthday. Let me go"

"Oh uh- alright sorry but you will come back right-"

Her sentence was quickly cut off by Sirius kissing her, long enough for everyone around them to applaud for the hosts, and long enough for the need to look away to rush through her.

The girl giggled lightly, forgetting all about their argument with everyone's attention on her, while the four boys were eying each other mischievously.

And she knew exactly what that meant.

She looked around her quickly, checking every possible thing that could transform or explode around her, before everyone around her suddenly started morphing.

Morphing into, the Sirius Black himself.

Everyone except for her, the four boys and a few younger years who seemed to have snuck in, and she realized the only thing they had in common.

They were the only people to not have drunk from the butterbeer fountain James had set up. 

She regretted her hatred towards that sugary-buttery-everything-that-would-make-her-gain-weight for a second, watching all of them laugh together. She would've loved to be in his body for a few minutes, especially because she had always wondered how guys masturbated.