-28-

"Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can't understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?" – Nancy Garden

"Hello Mrs. Mia"

Christmas had come around once again, but this time, Sirius and Laurel were the only ones at the Potter Manor as the full moon landed right on Christmas Eve and Peter's cousins were visiting him. The exact same smell as last year was spreading around the house from the kitchen, inviting them all in before the woman could.

Settling in their respective rooms once again, both visitors went down for dinner. Sirius seemed much more comfortable compared to last year while James was telling them about the Quidditch World Cup they went to last summer when Mr and Mrs Potter called her inside the kitchen.

"Dear we got a letter from your parents" Mrs. Potter had started comfortingly while making her sit next to the kitchen counter gently.

"Well it was very long and it's unnecessary to tell you all of it here but we kind of got the feeling she didn't quite like us" Mr Potter continued supporting his wife, with the same gentle tone she had.

"We just want to make sure that both Sirius and you know that you can come here anytime you want and stay as longs as you want, we see you two like our own"

They didn't have to tell her, she could imagine the content of the letter but the way they smiled comfortingly at her made her want to hug them tightly and hug them. Instead, she did what she learned to.

"Thank you, truly. And I hope her letter wasn't as disturbing as I think it is"

-

"Merlin ! Do you ever wake up on time !" Hitting him silently with a pillow, she was hopelessly trying to lift an Ogre up.

"I woke up like an hour ago" His eyes slowly seeing the light facing him yawning.

"And fell asleep once again after that"

Jumping off his bed while cracking his bones painfully, but fully clothed and ready-to-go, he pulled her in by her elbow and looked at her suggestively.

"No, we're not about to kiss. Now, what was your brilliant plan of getting us out without anyone hearing ?"

"I have never seen someone so academically smart yet lacking such common sense Owlbert. Levicorpus me, I already unlocked the windows and garden doors last night"

And so she did, absolutely irritated of being told what to do and wondering what would happen if she dropped him many times, they were both standing outside, on a crowded muggle street, pacing towards London's Rainbow Theatre.

"Is this your first Muggle concert ?" 

"Oh no, Alphie dragged me at a Magma concert in Paris, that was my first. The man has great taste though, the entire summer was a delight to my ears."

"Why were you there though ? And don't pull the letter card you did with Reg, I'm not an idiot."

"That actually was part of my master plan. I couldn't stand my mother and pissing her off was one snogging a muggle girl on the kitchen counter away. I had already contacted him before, so he would send a letter to my dad inviting me right when mother was screaming at me" She said proudly with a challenging grin on her face. "Common sense"

"I'm impressed Owlbert, invite me next time though" 

"I don't think there's going to be a next time since when I came back I only looked worse in her eyes"

"Yeah I bet it was that old man cigarette stench"

"You are worse than me" She accused him while laughing it off.

Passing across the street, the building in front of them had a large crowd in front of it, surrounding the sign indicating Camden Town on the west.

Both observing their surrounding while walking into the theatre and waiting with the impatient crowd, they were more than happy with their current situation, being pushed and squeezed between the others, laughing.

"No one is going to eat you Alexander, stop trembling" He whispered in her ear sending shivers down her spine. Exaggerating and teasing each other, they were both grinning.

"I knew I shouldn't have gotten you these tickets"

The concert had started by now, Stone Cold Crazy blasting through the dark theatre, the smokes and spotlights focusing on the band. The place was burning like hell but nobody seemed to be minding it as if this was the last night they would spend there before truly going there. Lost in the beat and the adrenaline taking over, she noticed a guy about their age if not a year older, approaching her. 

His dirty blonde curly hair nearly fell to the approachable hazel eyes directing her with a smirk. Knowingly flirting back with the guy, she had started chatting with him, mostly about the band performing in front of them, before someone interrupted them by allowing himself in between and throwing his arm around her shoulder, redirecting her to the opposite side while grinning devilishly to the boy.

"I'm stealing my girlfriend if I may, enjoy the rest of your night" And spinning on his heel to face the side the girl he held between his arm was, the boy continued as if nothing had happened under the wondering looks coming from the brunette.

"Am I also pregnant ?"

"I know it's hard when I look like this but let's take things slowly darling"

"Why did you do that ! He was so cute" She was complaining and looking alarmingly at the guy next to her.

"Looked like a creep"

"You and I have different definitions of the word creep since the guy's mum was next to him" Raising her head to read the boy's expression, he was also looking at her, thinking with one of his eyes closed, before he turned to her once again.

"Right now the pregnancy thing doesn't sound that bad"