-58-

- pt. 2

Her mother closed the door behind them shut, glaring at her stiffly, pulling her hand away from her wrist in disgust.

They weren't technically Death Eaters but of course, were so kind to volunteer their house as headquarters. As always, they were just honest supporters. Nothing on paper that could trace anything back to them, but known by everyone.

She had been constantly tracking each of their meetings secretly for any information she could gather. About them, and about Dumbledore and his Order. About her friends, the war, her actual family. 

She knew everything the people who sat at that table knew, and more, and if she hadn't heard the names that day, her secret could've maybe stayed that way, but with what in return ?

She saw her father, sitting on the dining table, looking almost superficial, like a stranger watching from afar.

Like all those years ago. Like that day.

"May I help you find what you're looking for ?" The woman stated arrogantly.

"Cut the sadistic speech and get to the punishment please" She sighed in disappointment with herself.

"About what ? That my daughter-" Starting coldly, she slowly walked closer towards her.

"Which one ?" She interrupted her with a challenging smirk placed across her lips, looking to distract her.

"I told you she would find out" He laughed humorlessly from the table, putting the Daily Prophet down for the first time since that morning. 

She had to check two more times to recognize him, and even then, she couldn't.

FAMOUS BUSINESSMAN ADELRAM ALEXANDER'S FURRY SECRET, REVEALED TO THE PUBLIC BY HIS OWN DAUGHTER

"Find out what ?" Facing her husband with an innocent smile.

"That her mother is a blood-traitor whore"

"Oh please. You were my cousin, and you knew damn well where I went every day. You knew I had one chance to be truly happy and you took him away from me, forever" She then turned to her. "And you. I had a chance for life and you ruined it like you did everything. Now you know it, so make it easier for all of us and keep your nose out of every little hole you find or you have no idea how fast you can become a tragic little accident taken away way too soon from us" 

She chuckled stiffly. "At least I will have people to mourn me" 

"Them ? Are you sure ? What do you think they are doing right now ? Thinking of you ? Of a way to get you out of here like they did to Sirius ? Because I don't see a single person at our door"

"He ran away. I didn't want to. Besides, you are right, they all simply care about the moment, I wonder what they will do in two years, and I want to make sure I'm on the winning side. I want to join you but I can't do that without information-"

"Don't try to use your cheap ways to fool me"

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to wear something not white and covered up in blood for dinner" She spun on her heels, walking straight upstairs to her bedroom.

Just before opening the door, she spotted the house-elf carrying laundry twice his size, struggling to get it to the other side. Usually despite their small size, the creatures were extremely powerful but he didn't even look like he could walk anymore.

"Hey hey hey come here" She rushed over to him, picking up the basket. 

He looked at her in the eyes. Pitiable, tired, and-