-69-

The past beats inside me like a second heart. - John Banville

"Are you seriously not going to tell me where we're going Sirius ? I can assure you that there are not enough places to eat here for you to surprise me"

"And I can assure you, I can always surprise you. So you can just wait a few minutes for the best date you've ever been on" He smirked at her impatience while they continued their walk in the Hogsmeade village.

It was a cold winter day -in which she had refused to dress appropriately for the weather- and the chaos their current lives lead, the waves of laughter and loud conversations surrounding them made a nice exception. 

The smells of hot chocolate, pumpkin juice and the sweet buttery drinks had shot up her senses, and while she was following Sirius around to finally be able to sit down and eat something, for a second, everything felt like what it should've been.

Suddenly, she felt a strong hand on her waist pulling her towards him, and she instantly looked up to smile at his beaming grey eyes, unable to pull them away from her.

"What ?" She smiled lightly, an unimpressed look washing over her face.

"Have I already told you that you look absolutely phenomenal today ?"

"Yes. Over seventeen times actually"

"Understandable. Why are you still trying to look away to hide that you're blushing then ?" He answered in a cocky but relaxed tone.

"Because if I play hard to get I might keep that one last ounce of pride to myself"

"Your pride ? Mine still hasn't recovered from the way you rejected me"

"I REJECTED YOU ?"

"YES- Right after I was finally convinced you liked me because we had literally slept together and I was planning on asking you out ? You know I forgave you but you could've still told me that face to face-"

"What. Are. You. FUCKING talking about Sirius. I LITERALLY-" She started in fury, for once because she didn't understand a single thing, and then because screaming was her reaction to things that she, well- didn't understand. But just before she could do that, he cut her off calmly.

"Wait a second, I have a suggestion" 

"Please go on"

"Let's agree to not yell or walk out until we both agree on it, because I get the feeling every single one of our arguments is caused by a misunderstanding"

"You know what, alright. But I also have a rule"

"Go on"

"No hiding things and an answer to every single one of my questions. And I have a lot"

"Whatever you say, darling." He smiled and suddenly stopped and opened a door for her, while she walked back to read the name of the shop, since she couldn't believe her eyes.

Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop

"Haha funny" She giggled, pulling his arm to continue walking.

"What is ? Aren't you coming in ?"

She waited for the expectant look on his to fade into a laugh, but watching it steadily rest, she hesitantly walked in, while Sirius followed her with a pleased smile.

"Here ? Seriously ?"

"That's exactly what I first said when I first witnessed your secret midnight tea parties here but god you were right- the macarons here are so good"