-55-

Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears  - Rudyard Kipling

"I'm trying to sleep" Marlene groaned, trying to hide her head with her pillow to stay in bed while Lily was opening the windows gleefully.

"One more song from the married Swedes and I remove myself eternally"

"One more insult directed at ABBA and I support it" Lily continued beaming as she flowed up and down through the room.

"Okay, what's got you smiling like a Doxy with four wings ?" She asked finally, shutting her book.

"What in the blood-supremacist is a Doxy with four wings ? Can't you just use normal idioms ?" 

"I thought we agreed that I wasn't racist"

"Honey, you're a rich pureblood. We will make fun of you until your dying breath. But seriously Lils, what's going on ?"

"SHE'S GOT A DATE WITH POTTER THAT'S WHAT'S GOING ON" Mary yelled from the bathroom, making Lily flush slightly under the gasps of the two.

"It's not a date. We're just going to study together" She tried to convince them but their dramatic jumps were too loud.

"What are you going to wear ?" Marlene ran across the room to her already messy wardrobe.

"I have the best skirt for you" The other girl gasped between giggles, strutting to her side of the room.

"GUYS" She yelled, stopping them for half a second. "He didn't ask me out. He probably just sees me as a friend now" Her tone dropped involuntarily at the end of her sentence.

"James Potter ?" Marlene laughed incredulously, as if she had just made an excellent joke.

"We have Defence Against the Dark Arts now but I want to hear exactly what you two studied at dinner" And winking as she left the room, she faced them one last time. "I mean, if I can see you there of course"

"Can I still have your skirt though ?" Marlene asked before she closed the door, but they both knew she already had it on.

-

"Prongsie" She ran up to him, walking alone in the empty corridors to the classroom.

"Bertie" James smiled smugly, spinning the Snitch in his hand.

"I hear you finally convinced Lily Flower ?" 

"Oh no I didn't ask her out. We've been hanging out a lot for the past few months-"

"Come on, I understand you're embarrassed from the party but she obviously likes you now, it's your time" 

"Embarassed ? Why would I ever be embarrassed about loving someone ?" He laughed charitably. "It's the best feeling one can embrace. It's madness, passion and hope all in one. You were the next in line if only I wasn't dragged out" 

"Shut it, Shakespeare. Why did you stop asking her out then ?" 

"The only reason I asked her out constantly was to simply spend as much time as I could with her. I love her. More and more every day and there's nothing better than being around people you love. Besides, if you think I'm done, you're very wrong"  He finished challengingly, with obviously a plan but his eyes fixated on her, grinning.

"So- did you do the essay ?" She tried changing the subject as he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"You know- I think we all deserve a love story" He continued ignoring her. "Untainted by fear and doubt"