-18-

No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of these memories - Haruki Murakami

"Hogsmeade, finally"

Sirius and Laurel had been here many times but their upbringing had made them scarily good liars. The village looked even better in the daylight, a slight warmth balanced by the refreshing breeze of October, gleeful laughs were erupting from happy students and sweet smells came from different shops around them.

"Wait where's everyone Lils ?"

"Well the boys except for Frank are at Zonko's"

"I see Marlene at the Three Broomsticks"

"Lucky dog that one. Have you seen the girl in front of her ?" Lily's eyes were wide open as the two were spying on their friend, hiding in a bush close to the inn.

"Calm down carrot"

"Okay that seems to be going well, where are we going ?"

"I have to go to Tomes and Scrolls, I heard they have a new muggle book isle"

"Weird bookshop it is"

"Oh and then I have to get some new gloves for the tryouts at Spintwitches"

"Gloves for the stupid game that will get you killed it is"

"And also-"

"Pink Coconut Ice at Honeydukes after you drag me to those weird places of yours"

"I was going to say Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop but okay"

The other girls had ditched them at the beginning to send their letters at the Hogsmeade Post Office and the two others were now walking out of the bookshop with half the shop in their hands, closing their views.

"Don't you think we went a bit overboard ?"

"Trust me, buying muggle books is the best way to spend my parent's money. Besides, I wanted to read The Other Side Of Midnight for months now"

"Evening ladies, Evans" A voice joined them from behind and unable to see who it was from the pile of books held between their arms, they could hear perfectly well who it was.

"Piss off Potter"

"Lily don't be rude, James, the two poor ladies here are desperate for a strong male like you to help and save us. As a submissive woman, I need the power of a man to survive" Overexagarating the needy voice, she acted like she was fainting, under the giggles of her redheaded best friend next to her.

"Well Laurie dearest, normally, as the gentleman I am, I would help you. But, after the two-hour lecture about how sexist and misogynist I was, that you, gave me yesterday, I will pass" He replied with a dark smile, obviously having suffered the night before.

"I actually came here for a different reason, Owlbert and Evans dearest, you are invited to the once-in-a-lifetime Christmas experience at The Potter's"

She wanted to go. Of course she did, everyone knew how amazing James's parents were, and for once, she actually thought she could go as her mother probably wouldn't want her around for the Christmas Ball.

"Who else is coming ?" Lily asked, for once, their conversation hadn't ended with her screaming.

"Sirius, Remus and Peter confirmed they are, Marlene said she didn't ask her parents yet but was quite positive about the outcome, Dorcas is going to France to visit her cousins with her parents so she's out, Frank, Alice and Mary aren't going to stay the night but are also coming-"

"Did you invite our whole year ?"

"Only the ones I'm close to"

"So the whole year ?"

"Yep"

"Did you ever talk to Dorcas ?"

"I did, she didn't answer back though. I give that to the fact that she was focused on her drawing. I bet she also likes me"

"Considering she talks with Lily, that's a low chance"

"So are you two coming ?"

"I am" Answered Lily surprising the other two. "Petunia is going to bring that insufferable boyfriend of hers. Jack." Her nose scrunched in disgust.

"Perfect perfect perfect. This is amazing. Absolutely wonderful" James was jumping around like a kid, he seemed to be doing just fine until that very moment but lost it as soon as the two words left Lily's mouth"

"Laurie ?"

"I will ask my mother but I think I can make it" She knew she could make it. After the many times her mother had threatened her of sending her to France, this could've even made her happy.