-61-

How easy it is to judge rightly after one sees what evil comes from judging wrongly  - Elizabeth Gaskell

She watched a smiling Remus walk out of the Transfiguration classroom from his orientation with McGonagall, pacing towards her excitedly. 

"Did you talk to her about the teacher thing ?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes yes, and she actually took it seriously, even knowing my condition" He was explaining everything breathlessly, his unbelieving expression not changing for a second. "There are requirements for each speciality- but I think it can actually happen"

"Merlin's beard this is amazing- but -wait wait wait- you have to teach somewhere else first, I can hook you up with my cousin at Koldovstoretz so you don't end up dead or fall of the stairs like our DADA teachers but- NO you have to teach one of our children-" Her hands were gripping his shoulders, jumping incessantly to reach his height.

"LAUR" His tired eyes were smiling while his laughs echoed around the hall, trying to pin her down.

"I'm going to send you off to the Hogwarts Express with those pretty clothes like my child, OH AND THOSE BRIEFCASES WITH YOUR NAME ON IT-"

"Miss Alexander, come in please" 

"My turn. We'll talk about it later alright ?" She pointed fingers gun at him while following McGonagall inside the classroom, observing her as she sat on her.

"Have a biscuit Miss Alexander"

"Oh no I'm not hungry I ate a lot this mor-"

"Have a biscuit, Miss Alexander"

She took a biscuit.

"I see you've signed up for the Auror program. And only, for the Auror program" She finally started speaking after she took a bite.

"Ah Minnie, I have my next fifty years planned we don't have to go over that. Let's catch up. Anything hot with Poppy these past days ?"

"Please, let's go over it" She ignored her last comment, but the girl could've sworn she had cracked a secret smirk. "You have the marks to get into the program, and more, but I was wondering if it's the best choice for you"

It wasn't. And she very well knew it.

"I'm a good seeker, I'm sneaky, quick and an excellent flyer, but not nearly as obsessed with it as James. Besides I love to work, I don't want to quit after I turn thirty"

"But besides Defence Against the Dark Arts, I also see you have perfect marks in Potions"

"Do you want me to work alongside Snivelly or what ?"

"I don't know which program Mr. Snape chose"

"Whatever happens, there's still a war going on. I want to fight, and being an Auror sounds like the best option. I'll do what I want afterwards"

"Well, what do you want ?"

"We all want something, don't we" She smiled, ignoring her question.

The woman then cleared her throat in understanding, straightening her back to move on to another subject.

"I also heard about your parents, I'm very sorry for your loss. If you ever need anything, please know that my door is always open"

"Thanks, mum" She blurted out before realization hit her. "I meant- thanks, my mum was a great woman"

"That's alright" She smiled warmly, different from her usual ones before getting out of her chair to walk towards the door while she followed her right behind. "I hope you can do whatever you want in the future" The woman placed her hand on her shoulder, looking over her.