-47-

We accept the love we think we deserve - Stephen Chbosky  

"I can't believe I passed the Charms O.W.L" Marlene was gripping tightly on the parchment she held, reading excitedly her results.

"I've got all O's and two E's. Slughorn even gave me extra points in the writing part" Lily was smiling brightly, her results were definitely expected but her switching her focus so suddenly to Charms after receiving a such mark was, weird. But considering she probably was born with a plan, she could choose what was best for her herself.

"I also got all O's." She answered confidently with a proud grin. "And a T"

"Where did you get a T ?" The blonde was laughing at her disappointment in disbelief.

"Astronomy. I wasn't going to choose it either way, it's no big deal" Shrugging carelessly at the parchment she held while cursing internally.

Maybe "me" wasn't the correct answer to what the solar system revolved around.

Or was it about the flying rocks in there ?

"If I didn't see the homicidal glares you gave the professor, I would believe you" 

"Piss off"

All three were sitting on the edge of the lake under the early autumn's sun, chatting leisurely for the past hours.

"Is that ginger Macmillan ?" She asked surprisedly. 

It certainly was him, surrounded by his fellow Hufflepuffs and a girl a year younger than them.

"Yeah what happened with him Lils ?" Marlene had also turned around to look at him.

"Well, I listened to what you told me and-"

"What did you tell her Elle ?" Marlene cut the girl off, looking at her accusingly with raised eyebrows.

"I just gave her my honest opinion" She raised her hands defensively and chuckling at her.

"You hate everyone, that's your honest opinion. You psychoanalyzed someone as a narcissist 3 minutes after they said hi"

"In my defence, he did actually turn out to be a narcissist"

"AND" Lily continued, shutting both of them up. "She was right. He just didn't have any opinions on anything. He would just stand there agreeing with everything I said. It was boring, so I broke things off" 

"See" The brunette stuck her tongue out provocatively to the girl tilting her head in agreement.

"Holy- is that the new girl he's dating ?" Lily's voice had lowered as it set itself ready to gossip.

"She's that bitch that called me a dumb blonde"

"I know right- She said that maybe if I tried longer skirts I would finally have a boyfriend" A loud chuckle left her lips at that. "Remember me to thank her for helping me achieve my ultimate life goal"

"I heard she slept with Sirius not even a week ago" 

"No way" Marlene leaned in, looking at both of them in more detail.

"Are you sure her boyfriend didn't ?" She joined her, tilting her head to the side.

"Now that's a valid point"

"I swear. James told me-" Lily carried on before being cut off by them gasping dramatically.

"JAMES told you ? Since when are you guys gossip buddies ?" Moving her eyebrows suggestively, she laughed alongside the blonde.