-68-

Dreams are the touchstones of our characters. - Henry David Thoreau

"HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN THAT MY BOYFRIEND WAS A FA-"

"DON'T YOU DARE"

"I'm not against you being gay or anything- that would also explain why you can't even have sex with me"

"You're not worried about the dozens of girls I've done things with but guys are a problem ?"

"With girls you were out in the open, wanting everyone to see you. The ones you hid must obviously mean more ? Or were you just trying to be less of a family disappointment ?"

"You don't know anything about me"

"I'm trying to, Sirius ! But you have to listen to me too, I only want what's best for you, and I bet so do your parents- so don't shut those people out. Me, your parents-"

"You have no idea what they put me through- and I'm not going to listen to you babble about things you don't know. Not about me, nor those people. And if you think I'm gay, please, go on and break up with me. Seriously, I'm begging you"

"I'm not going to break up with you over such a small thing, let's just talk through it"

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TALK ME THROUGH ? CONVERSION THERAPY ?"

"SEE HOW DEFENSIVE YOU GET WHEN I'M JUST TRYING TO BE NICE ? You know what, maybe you two are good for each other. A lesbian and a gay man-"

"Don't bring her into this"

"Ah yes, of course. She-who-must-not-be-named. What happened between you two huh ? Did she break up with you ? Did she reject you ? What the fuck happened Sirius"

"You're obsessed with her"

"YOU ARE ONE TO SPEAK"

"Yeah, I am. You haven't gone a day without speaking about her. What, are you in love with her ?"

"Are you ? Tell me, why did you ask me out, so randomly ?"

"I don't know alright. Do you really need a reason to be attracted to someone ?"

"You don't need it. But there always is"

She heard a loud breath.

"You're right-"

Another one.

"Miss Alexander"

"Minnie"

"This is detention, not a soap opera"

"Technically it hasn't started yet-" She began, but walked towards her seat silently under the woman's strict glares.

McGonagall suddenly turned to her left to face the wall she was pressed against a few seconds ago, and with a quick swish with her wand, revealed three boys hidden under a certain cloak.

That woman was a fucking genius.

"Hello, Professor how are you ?"

"To your seat Mr. Potter"

Sitting on her chair in boredom, she realized getting her head split open like a watermelon trying to fly out of Hogwarts in her Animagus form while having previously gotten caught preparing her potion in Slughorn's office,

was not worth it.

And she had gotten caught at both stages of the operation, which her ego was not coping with well.

"So-" McGonagall started, but was quickly cut off by James, once again.

"Healthy relationships rock, right ?"