-38-

Each time you happen to me all over again  - Edith Warton

"We got it"

She lifted the glass vial filled with a water-like clear liquid, focusing on it by closing an eye.

"One drop is sufficient, though how did you get the idea of adding the Flitterby ?"

"Euphemia" Transfering the potion in a sharp shaped glass, the man was close to smiling while pronouncing her name.

"Of course Mrs. Mia did" She smiled knowingly, extending her hand enthusiastically for the man to give her the liquid he held.

"Say, what are you going to do with it" He hesitantly got out, seeing the way she looked at the bottled death.

"I doubt all those murders and missing person announcements are coincidences. And where aren't coincidences, are my family. You don't seem like that type of person though" She spoke comfortably, focusing on the vial.

"I'm not as soft as I seem" He protested with his usual soft voice, flexing his, maybe once existent, muscles. "Okay maybe I am, but seeing Mia fight those people, I felt this was the only way I could be useful. Of course, I'm not going to serve it to my guests, but it can be valuable for missions"

Or as anyone would, he liked the power he held inside that small crystal. Or maybe it was just her. 

-

"Come on Wormtail we're going to miss it"

Peter was coming from behind, soaking from the merciless storm outside. Finding a large enough space in the woods was hard enough and the dark wasn't making their job easier.

"Where in Merlin's pants did you hide the damn potions I gave you James"

"Close, I can feel it very close"

"Is this it ?"

Hidden between two planks of wood of a large tree, were the crystal vials, containing a blood-red liquid inside.

"Do you really want me to drink that thing ? That leaf in it was in my mouth for a whole month" Sirius was standing away from his, his face covered in disgust.

"Aw, is this too unsavoury for princess Padfoot ? Does he need some milk ?" The girl struck back with a fake sympathy, "Get your arse down here and drown the damn thing" Changing her facial expressions and voice in under a second, the boy standing in front of her lead his way next to them reluctantly, but with no audible complaint.

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus" Shutting his eyes forcefully, he drank the potion and threw the crystal containing it to a nearby trunk, hissing in pain with his tongue out, followed by the other two.

"You said feeling two heartbeats at some point was normal right ?"

"Absolutely Wormy"

"But I felt three"

"That means you're pregnant Pads"

"Wha-"

"Give me your wands quickly and picture your Patronuses clearly in your minds" She instructed while collecting their wands and handing them to Remus standing next to her.

And so the broad stag appeared in front of all, with his melted glasses stuck between his antlers, followed by a large and hairy dog, running around and chasing his tail. The only one hard to find was Peter, hidden by the grass and bushes around him, who then sneakily climbed up the girl's shoulder.

Remus was laughing at James and Sirius, or better, Prongs and Padfoot, fighting each other, or hugging. Spotting what a dog and stag were doing intervened with the other at nearly midnight was quite hard for their surroundings.

-

"Oh thank you I'm starving" All sitting around the Christmas dinner, they watched Peter devour the turkey on his plate before the others weren't even served yet.

"Are you two sure you can't stay for dinner ?"

"We would love to but we have to go back. You know how our parents are" She answered politely while clasping up her jacket next to the boy tying his platform boots.

"Yeah we know they hate us" Her husband added understandingly.

"But please, feel free to come to us, any time you want."

Nodding and saying their goodbyes for the last time, the two teens left.

-

Alexanders had distinct features that could separate them from any crowd they were in. Sharp jaws, tall and elegant stances, authoritarian gazes, it was a never-fading mark you were born with, and the older couple proved that you would die with it.

"Sirius, meet my grandparents, Orpheus and Cybele Alexander" The girl standing between them uncomfortably broke the silence.

"Adelram Orpheus Alexander the II" The old man corrected her. " I wish for my father to be remembered with respect, but it's sir to you" 

With his white moustache, the old man looked exactly like the type of person they would both make fun of on the streets. That didn't change just then, as they were trying to hold back chuckles.

"Of course, sir the II"  Sirius reached his hand, with a clenched jaw and scornful smile.

"And my parents, Pollux and Irma Black" Walburga interrupted, glaring wickedly towards her son.

"Pleasure to meet you" The girl led her way towards the aged couple under the wrathful looks directed to her by her mother.

The Christmas dinner with the Blacks was certainly different from the house they had just left, a long dark wood table with the two grandfathers at both extremities, the cold air and gazes embracing them. 

Two Gryffindors, fascinated by the muggle world, associating with blood traitors and shaming their families, the looks her grandparents gave Sirius were still worse, mainly because Walburga had expressed her disgust and shame over her son so publicly that the scandal was much bigger, compared to the Alexanders, knowingly doing everything behind the scenes as always, protecting their perfect daughter, the perfect heir, the perfect family.

And if pity party and boasting competition got together, that dinner table represented it perfectly.

Fucking wankers

Shutting the door in relief and taking a heavy breath, the boy passed his hand through his long dark hair.

"4 damn hours" He finally got out, checking the clock in front of him. "4 damn hours of how much of a horrible son I am"

"I thought at some point my grandfather was going to kill you"

"When my mother was choosing our children's names ? Yeah I noticed"

And chuckling lowly, the two exhausted-looking teenagers lifted their heads, slumped on the edge of the balcony. 

"Don't listen to her Padfootletta" He whispered to his stomach, caressing it gently.

"Padfootletta drowned in whiskey tonight" A throaty but genuine laugh left her lips at the same time the smoke did.

"She and her happy family had a happily ever after" He tried to suppress her sentence by announcing his loudly, acting as if he was trying to hide his child.

Nodding in agreement, silence took over for a few seconds, each looking at the sky.