-54-

The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

The girl was sitting on the other side of the pub, sipping her drink while sending her a cocky smile discreetly. She had seen her many times before. A Ravenclaw, must've been, maybe a year older than her.

"So yeah, that's what I'm planning to do when we graduate" His bland voice distracted her as she focused on the boy in front of her once again. 

"That's interesting" She hummed in boredom, drowning another shot under her nose. 

She questioned for the hundredth time why Marlene would set her up with him if she truly wanted her to get over Sirius. She knew damn well her preference. Her, Sirius Black and well-

Mr. Potter

But that was a whole other story.

"You know what I really like about you ?" He started, obviously expecting an answer from her. "You're not like those other girls that only care about make up and clothing and boys, all that stuff. You're smart"

She would voluntarily grill her kidneys to be sitting in front of any other girl than him. Besides, her eyeliner was thicker than his dick. 

How blind was he to possibly come up with that ?

"Does my outfit look rushed to you ? Or my hair ? I mean you are right about boys since I've been here for more than half an hour, but a small tip for next time, try to insert in that small head of yours that smart or hot isn't a single answer question, just as much it is a no answer trick one for others" Gathering her bag, she rushed out of the Three Broomsticks excusing herself at each of her steps, reaching the door out of the filled pub.

Marlene and Lily were practically mocking her with their "perfect match" nonsense. If only it took her less time to realize their goal was far from helping her prove she didn't like him anymore.

Her usual fast pace led her to the small bridge hidden behind the village between the clear lake and tall trees. Hunched over the wood, she lit the cigarette in haste, breathing heavily. 

With her rushed heartbeat, she started coughing over the smoke surrounding her. As breathing got quicker, the air got harder the inspire.

"For fuck's sake you just have to not fall off roofs and breath. It truly isn't that hard" A tall figure helped her straighten up while holding the cigarette. 

"Where did you come from ?" She coughed one last time, lifting her eyes to face him.

"I was with Remus for a Butterbeer break" He answered heedlessly.

It was a Sunday and she knew the two well enough to know that Remus and Lily were on their "tea, homework and judge the rest of the group" day.

"Alright" She hummed and walked back, leaning her back against the side of the old bridge, her elbow touching the boy's.

"You know" Sirius cleaned his throat raspily. "I don't think your hair looks rushed at all" He curled a short strand around his finger, approaching her face.

Everything was going causelessly fast, so much so that she could hear her own breaths, cursing internally. It felt like sneezing on her period, trying to desperately keep a calm rhythm.

"And wearing my shirt on a date was certainly-" He smiled smugly, his hand softly reaching the side. "a statement" 

Of course, she should've known Lily's clothing pile was never fully her own and the boys, except for Remus, hadn't heard of folding yet.