-33-

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It was the best summer ever" Marlene had finally finished retelling her and Dorcas's summer while walking to Astronomy.

"Since we're not going to hear that story for another ten minutes, what are you guys planning on choosing ?"

"McGonagall has been trying to push me towards a job but I don't really remember what it was" 

"Your preparation never fails to fascinate me Marls"

"I'm not quite sure but if I can pass this year I want to continue with Transfiguration, Potions, History of Magic, Charms, DADA and Herbology. I'm not quite sure yet but I could go into Charms, work at the Ministry at the discovery of spells and jinxes. I heard that's what nearly all professors here did, and then a few years later I can work here. Or even better work here while my child goes here. That's my ten-year plan" The redhead seemed to have put a lot of thought into her future and sounded determined to achieve them, differing herself from the blonde who was trying to open a water bottle without her wand for the past ten minutes.

"Potions, DADA, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms and Advanced Arithmancy Studies. All of them are requirements to be an Auror, and I like Arithmancy"

"An Auror ? Since when ? I thought you wanted to mix cauldrons for the rest of your life"

"I was really in between them honestly, but I thought with everything going on around us, it would be a better choice. Besides, I love to duel and throw my entire bloodline in Azkaban so it's perfect"

"She can also continue as a Potioneer after finishing the Auror training right ?"

"Exactly carrot"

"Show us again the badge"

Lily had was given the Prefect badge, not surprising anyone, with Remus. The four boys were assumedly planning how they were going to abuse his position together whereas Marlene and Laurel were trying to convince their friend to give them the password of the Prefect bathroom.

"I'm giving you two this because I trust you, understood ? No mischief, no snogging of any kind, no staying there past cur-"

"Yeah whatevs"

"Thanks Lils"

-

"Do you all agree that if anything goes wrong, you can stay a half-animal for the rest of your life ?" The girl was checking each expression on the three faces before her. Getting the nod of approval she sought, her instructions followed.

"Do all three of you have your Mandrake leaves ? Then so may the matchless month without hearing your voices begin"

"I can talk" Sirius was nearly chewing the leaf placed on the inside of his right cheek but was able to speak, as stated.

"How foolish of me to think anything could stop that"

"This is so- horrible" James had just placed the leaf and started gagging, discouraging Peter to do so himself.

"Just like you were saying Moony, Mawouders" The last part had been pronounced by a gagging Sirius, not having the leaf placed correctly, while still throwing his arms in motivation.

"For the love of Merlin, what were you saying Moony ?"

"Do you remember the nicknames ?"

"Precisely ?" Silently asking him to continue.

"We were trying to name the map this summer and the idea came after the nicknames from a book I was reading. The Marauders, like pirates and outlaws" He explained.

"Map, dammit the map. Where's my map again ?"

"Our map is in our dorm"

"The Marauders Map"

"My map"

"You technically are a part of the Marauders"

"I'm a Marauder, not a part of the Marauders"

"How is that any different from what I just said" Sirius was still trying to place the leaf correctly while choking lowly.

"I haven't figured it out just yet, I simply like to disagree with you"

"A month like this, is this a prank ? Because you know how it ended last time"

"Calm down Prongs, and yes a whole month like this. But look at it from the bright side, I heard Lily likes deers"

"I'm a stag" James was still fuming after the same joke being repeated many times, mostly to get the same reaction in response at each.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have two, that-time-of-the-months to attend to"