-49-

Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out  - Mitch Albom

"Okay I like his hair"

Dragging the two girls across the large room, she lifted her bothered expression facing them.

"2 months for this ?"

"Told you a few shots of Firewhiskey were enough to do the job"

The Room of Requirements was once again filled with drunk sixth and seventh years with heavy guitar solos, the newest rock songs, and- whatever ABBA had going on, blasting through the corners.

"So, are you going to tell him then ?" Lily smiled excitedly, awaiting her answer.

"Of course not" She lightly hit her arm indicating for her to lower her voice.

"I feel like I won't like the plan at all" Marlene was shooting her head disapprovingly before she could even start.

"I'll date as many people as I can until I get over him"

"No"

"Thanks for the help"

And turning on her heel to go where everyone was crowding around, she didn't miss the looks given to her by Dorcas while she was drinking with Mary and Alice.

"But why can't you just go up to him and ask him out ? What's the worst that could happen ?" The redhead followed them but her question was simply ignored when she stood in the middle, looking disappointed at the boy reenacting Dancing Queen while singing alongside it loudly.

"This is embarrassing" She stated silently, the edge of her lips curling up slightly. "Him ?"

"My parents always told me that the best way to deal with our problems was to talk about them" Lily smiled, insisting on her method.

"Mines either murder or ignore it" She added thoughtfully. "I'm in between two options"

"We just make babies" Marlene continued after thinking about it for a while. "Wends is pregnant" She continued after seeing the two confused expressions facing her.

"YOUNG AND SWEET ONLY SEVENTEEN" 

James and Sirius were screaming the song at the top of their lungs, their ties wrapped around their heads, reminding her of their Animagus forms.

"Our karaoke parties are better than this right ?" She asked hesitantly, not tearing her eyes away from the boys just yet.

"Surely" Lily nodded assuredly before falling into doubt, remembering the actual events.

"I prefer your shower concerts though" Marlene retorted back, letting out a playful chuckle.

"I told you to leave the damn bathroom when someone is showering. Why is it that hard"

"I share a dorm with five girls" She looked at her with an uninterested glare. "The bathroom is never empty"

"Maybe if you respected my shower guidelines it wouldn't be that way" The redhead added, still protesting.

"Guys, can we talk about the bathroom arrangements after the party ? This is why we have no other friends"

"I date our other friend, you sleep with Mary- "

"ONE-TIME THING"

"And Alice and Frank formed their own group"

"Yeah, they completely dissociated from both groups" She lifted her head, the dark hair falling to her eyes. "We can't be the problem right ?"