-59-

I think that, even if we forget each other, we'll remember in our dreams  - Stephen King

7th August 1977, was a sunny day.

Didn't quite fit the event.

She once again walked down the stairs slowly in her short but neat black dress, observing everyone outside. The small hat and dark sunglasses hiding her expression, she walked into the crowd alone.

A crowd of hypocrites.

Instantly leading her way to the cocktail table, she spotted the two caskets, surrounded by flowers and candles floating around them.

It was a rather charming outdoor funeral, one that her parents would have hated, but her uncle obviously didn't know that.

They were probably trying to haunt all of them. Or scheming their ways back here. Anything was possible when they were the ones in context.

Observing everyone around from the corner, she took a last breath to forget.

The good, childhood she had. Lonely maybe, but with everything she had ever wanted between her hands. An easy one. 

A good one.

And it was time to move on. She had decided to do so for a reason.

She suddenly turned around to face two Aurors she had seen many times before working for her dad. They had to be at the top of their department as she always saw them as heroes in the Daily Prophet.

And also sitting around their house while she was hiding in the ceiling. 

Listening to their meetings

"We are so sorry for your loss Miss Alexander" One of them started in a formal tone.

"Thank you, sir" She answered submissively, awaiting what was coming next.

"Their deaths sound very untimely and suspicious, and we hope you know we will do anything to find the man accountable for this crime to serve your justice"

She sobbed tearlessly under the dark glasses obscuring her eyes. "I really appreciate that but I can't handle all of that. I just want it to go away. My parents were very loved people in both our surroundings and the general public. I can't even think of a such cruel person who could be able to undergo this-" Swallowing, she breathed heavily. "Crime"

They looked at each other in panic, before the other one held her arm to comfort her.

"Please don't cry, we both understand your situation and-" He looked over to his friend a last time. "We can make exceptions for our family friends, especially after your father has been so kind to us, but please let us know if you have any lead or suspect in your mind" His hand slowly moved down from her shoulder, towards her neck, and chest.

Just then, she heard a small windy apparating noise coming from behind the two Aurors, revealing the back of a dark-suited man, and she instantly recognized him. Or at first, his hair.

He looked around for a few seconds, searching for something before he paced towards them, the two men disappearing at his sight, mumbling a few apologies before turning away.

"Where have you been ? Marlene and Lily checked your house every day after we learned, we all sent you letters-"

"Did you get my letter ? Did you make sure you are all safe now ?"

"Yes, Mrs Potter was put on desk jobs for two weeks as protection but I don't understand- you, you can't just send a letter like that and disappear" Sirius whispered worriedly, trying to stay unrecognized for as long as he could. "But I heard what happened and I'm so sorry"